My finished 2008 WR450F upgrade list. Sort of.

25 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted September 20, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hum you've got a bit of metal there. That can't be good.

• RMK800

Posted September 20, 2014 - 06:17 PM

So you went from 4th clip to 2nd on the NCVS?

How much better is the YZ shock then the WR shock?

Edited by RMK800, September 20, 2014 - 06:33 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 21, 2014 - 05:01 AM

So you went from 4th clip to 2nd on the NCVS?

How much better is the YZ shock then the WR shock?

Yes, after trying (6) other YZ needles, I'm back to the NCVS

WR shock = AM PM hamburger

YZ  shock = In 'n Out  Burger

YZ  shock revalved and re-sprung = \Filet Migneon marinated in Garlic oil and Basil, cooked Medium rare.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted September 21, 2014 - 07:31 AM

Yes, after trying (6) other YZ needles, I'm back to the NCVS

WR shock = AM PM hamburger
YZ shock = In 'n Out Burger
YZ shock revalved and re-sprung = Filet Migneon marinated in Garlic oil and Basil, cooked Medium rare.

WR shock revalved and re-sprung = In 'n Out 4x4 animal style with fries and a large regular Coke.

• 426john

Posted September 21, 2014 - 09:05 AM

Is a small amount of metal residue/deposits OK?
Especially after a rebuild,cam swap,many moving parts,12000rpm,and the lubrication system is low pressure, feeding ball bearing style bearings.

I hope you don't have a problem,like panning for gold I always find a few shinny metal specks where the oil pump feeds the oil filter housing,my wr426f is 12 years old,starts first time,use it everyday,never rebuilt,only problem was to change 5th gear and selecter forks.

Bullit proof Yamaha

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 21, 2014 - 11:42 AM

WR shock revalved and re-sprung = In 'n Out 4x4 animal style with fries and a large regular Coke.

......well, maybe if it's day old......that tiny little shock shaft and the plastic piston are / is flexing it's brains out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.