Mapping change for harder hit down low

126 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:34 AM

We've been over this. Reciprocating mass of the engine. It's an absolute fact. It's simple physics, whether you choose to admit it or just further prove your ignorance by denying it. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. Go argue with Sir Issac Newton if you disagree.

Hmmm... so why doesn't adding a heavier flywheel to a 2 stroke destroy the handling then ?

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:43 AM

Met a 2012 WR450F owner at the trailhead on Sunday.    He is running an 06 YZ muffler and the map in the lower right hand corner of the attachment.  Said it was the best one.

We swapped bikes.  We both agree that my engine is way better than his.  Black and white, over and out.

1A34DB4E-41D8-4027-9D58-DD05BDC7174A-1003-00000082AC54AF98_zps9c5ba331.jpg

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, September 23, 2014 - 07:44 AM.

• GP1K

Posted September 23, 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hmmm... so why doesn't adding a heavier flywheel to a 2 stroke destroy the handling then ?

You do realize there's more to an engine than just a flywheel, right? Like the piston, con rod & crank. All reciprocating mass, and all that stuff weighs more on a 450 than a 250.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Met a 2012 WR450F owner at the trailhead on Sunday.    He is running an 06 YZ muffler and the map in the lower right hand corner of the attachment.  Said it was the best one.

We swapped bikes.  We both agree that my engine is way better than his.  Black and white, over and out.

attachicon.gif1A34DB4E-41D8-4027-9D58-DD05BDC7174A-1003-00000082AC54AF98_zps9c5ba331.jpg

Right, because that guy you met is clearly an expert on all things bike related, so we can take what he says as pure gospel. Because hey, who knows better than some random guy out on the trail? Derp.

That info is just as utterly useless and unconfirmed with any real, measureable, meaningful data as any other useless opinions you blather out as facts.

But you know what? I met a random dude out riding the other day too, and he also had a 2012 WR450 with YZ cams and no FI mapping. We swapped bikes and he said my bike is best bike he's ever ridden in his entire life, and is 100 times better than his! True story!

Black and white, over and out.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:01 AM

You do realize there's more to an engine than just a flywheel, right? Like the piston, con rod & crank. All reciprocating mass, and all that stuff weighs more on a 450 than a 250.

OK.  You've got all the answers.  I'm not going to argue with you.

• beezer

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:38 AM

OK.  You've got all the answers.  I'm not going to argue with you.

Yes you will.

Endlessly.

Until the internet breaks.

• Toooldtooslow

Posted September 25, 2014 - 01:14 AM

Yes you will.

Endlessly.

Until the internet breaks.

I think you pair shoud get some 

counselling to help resolve your differences :foul:  :cry:  :banghead:

Edited by Toooldtooslow, September 25, 2014 - 02:28 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.