2014 450 how 2 remove coupler

7 replies to this topic
  • Iaskdumbquestions

Posted August 31, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Im yanking pulling and cant get it to come out im guessing theres a trick. please be detailed. thank you.

• forgotmyusername

Posted August 31, 2014 - 02:17 PM

The female (top) part of the coupler gets wider near the bottom. Squeeze the hell out of that arch between the narrow and wider part. I have to squeeze super tight then it comes out. Not sure if this is the "right" way, but it works. Again, maybe not the right way but I've used channel lock pliers to lighty squeeze that area and it comes out easily as you pull on the bottom.

• Mutley53

Posted August 31, 2014 - 03:13 PM

What coupler are you referring to? I'm guessing the one for the GYTR tuner. There is a small button/clip in the center of the connector on the outboard side. Pull the clip outward and pull the connector apart.

• crf917rider

Posted August 31, 2014 - 04:52 PM

U have to turn ur finger nail towards the frame put it inside between the coupler and coupler housing now push out away from frame and pull down with other hand at the same time very easy once figured out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gutty

Posted September 01, 2014 - 06:30 PM

There's a little lever up inside on the tip of my finger, pull it outwards while pulling the cable down with your other hand. 

This did my head in for days before i finally googled it..

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2381.JPG

• forgotmyusername

Posted September 01, 2014 - 06:46 PM

I'm glad this question was asked because it's been a hassle for me.

• WoodsRidinYZ01

Posted September 01, 2014 - 07:10 PM

And on the top and on the back there is another lever you can push towards the frame to get the plug cap to come off the frame.

• Iaskdumbquestions

Posted September 02, 2014 - 12:47 PM

thanks 2 all

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.