rim lock torque specs

3 replies to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted January 28, 2004 - 04:47 PM

How much should these be tightened on an 03 WR450 front & rear? I couldn't find it in the manual :D. Thanx!

Smoke :)

• TonyDeCoster

Posted January 28, 2004 - 05:37 PM

Check into the MX Bonz rim lock spacers. They let you really torque those suckers down without worrying about damaging the rim www.mxbonz.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motomadman

Posted January 28, 2004 - 06:00 PM

Yah, I like the ones by Fasst Co. They look a little smaller than the mxbones one's.

Good question though, ... I just snug them down, like 15 pounds. I should probably go tighter.

• TonyDeCoster

Posted January 28, 2004 - 06:08 PM

I noticed the Fasst Co spacers are a little slimmer and trimmer. Whichever ones you buy, both will do a good job...My local Yami dealer, DGY, has the MX Bonz stuff in stock. I talked to the owner of Bonz a while back when I was installing my Loc Down device. He was very helpful and took the time to make sure I got it right so I'm kind of partial to them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.