2006 yz450f running hot

1 reply to this topic
  • Braapster13

Posted August 28, 2014 - 10:59 PM

I'm new to Thumpertalk so sorry for any dumb questions ahead of time.. So I have a 2006 yz450f that i just purchased, guy I got it from let me know that it runs hot when trail riding because it's built for racing. I took it out last weekend and sure enough it got hot and started smoking due to the heat. Anyone else out there have the same problem? If so what can I do to help the situation and keep it from getting too hot, thanks in advance for any replies.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1409295446.922956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Navaho6

Posted August 29, 2014 - 02:37 AM

Three things that will help a lot:

1. Boyesen Super Cooler oversized water pump

2. Radiator fan

3. Change out the coolant, use an ethylene glycol mixed 50/50 with water and the appropriate amount of Water Wetter.

I did the Super Cooler on my '09 and added a coolant catch bottle from a 2006 WR450F just in case I do boil the coolant which has not happened yet.  All I ride is tight single track.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.