04 yz450f clutch HELP!

5 replies to this topic
  • 04yz450zt

Posted August 28, 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hey guys I'm new to the forum an need some help. I have an 04yz450f an the clutch pressure plate is hitting the clutch cover? I have taken the cover off an cross referenced everything seems to look how it should but something is off an I'm not sure what it could be any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

• grayracer513

Posted August 29, 2014 - 06:30 AM

Are you sure it's hitting the cover, or does the cover just have a little clearance cut on it?  If it's actually hitting, you might have a loose clutch boss nut on the main shaft, or the right side main shaft bearing might have too much end play in it.

• 04yz450zt

Posted August 29, 2014 - 07:17 AM

Yes it's for sure hitting the cover..I can move the basket itself back an forth just a little bit of play are they suppose to have some play? Thanks for your response an help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 29, 2014 - 09:19 AM

Play in and out along the axis of the shaft?  Not very much, no.  It might also have an aftermarket clutch in it with plates that are thicker than they should be.  It's probably hitting in the area where the Yamaha logo is.  If you can't find anything wrong, grind a small amount out of that area and hold it against the case cover with no gasket or screws and then work the clutch.  You should be able to feel it if it hits

• 04yz450zt

Posted August 29, 2014 - 09:31 AM

I'm not sure if it's aftermarket or not is there anyway to upload videos on here? That way you could see what's happening It is pressing where the yamaha logo is but it would need a lot ground off it flexes the cover a lot

• 04yz450zt

Posted August 30, 2014 - 12:29 PM

Got the clutch lined out the pull arm was in the wrong place so keeping the clutch engaged...now my question is the arm is pretty far back from what I've seen before anyone know what style clutch cable bracket I need? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1409430562.849186.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.