2001 wr426f street legal

Looks nice. I just don't like the led rope sticking so far out. I'd wrap it around the fork tube or something.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Looks nice. I just don't like the led rope sticking so far out. I'd wrap it around the fork tube or something.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Yeah. I can cut them down, or even buy shorter ones. These were just cheap $12 LEDs, I figure I'll try them as they are for now, but later I'll probly just wrap them around the fork tube for a clean flush look.

• Like 1

Yeah. I can cut them down, or even buy shorter ones. These were just cheap $12 LEDs, I figure I'll try them as they are for now, but later I'll probly just wrap them around the fork tube for a clean flush look.

Whatever you end up doing with them, I think it's a cool idea to use them for turn signals.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

In MO you don't even need turn signals on a bike. HOWEVER if you have them on they have to work to pass inspection. My 04 just got inspected last month, no turn signals, and no mirror. I found the mirror thing depends on what place you take it. Not everyone seems to look for a mirror.

What about a speedo? Do you have one or did they ask? I'm planning on adding one but if I can pass without one I may take it in sooner. I'm also in Mo. (Southwest).

Whatever you end up doing with them, I think it's a cool idea to use them for turn signals.

Yeah I thought it would look good. I hate seeing big honky looking blinkers that stick out. I wanted to make it look as clean as possible (hence the integrated rear tail light). So that at first glance it looks like a stock bike. But yet at night time, other cars can still see my signals.

Edited by DunmireD001

No speedo required.  Only need headlight with high and low beams, a high beem indicator, a horn, possibly a mirror depending on who is looking, tail light and one brake needs to turn on the brake light and DOT tires (but not everyone checks tires either).  Some tires say "off road use only", those don't fly.  Some say "not for highway use", some people will let you pass with those and say "well stay off the highway". Anything that says "DOT" on it they have to let pass regardless of how aggressive the tread looks. Best thing I found is to take it to a car shop that does motorcycle inspections.  If you take it to a motorcycle shop they give you a hard time and try to make you buy a bunch of crap you don't need.

Of course they should check the brakes to make sure there is life left and the tread depth. They should look at your forks to make sure not leaking. They are supposed to check that the head bearings are tight by rolling the bike and smashing the front brake to see if there is give or a clunk, but have never seen that done on all the bikes I have inspected, including street bikes.

Lights are checked with bike running so you don't have to have a battery either if you want to go that route.

My 04WR is the fourth one I have converted.  Two for me and two for friends.  Best thing is if you are go and get an inspection if you don't think you need it don't pay for it.  if they tell you you need it you can put it on and come back within 14 days and they can't charge you again to reinspect it.

I am in central MO.  Keep the rubber side down and have fun.

Edited by 300lbsgorilla