2015 WR450F

31 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 04, 2014 - 01:00 PM

Yess!!!!! It is!!!! in Canada!!!!

:facepalm:

• KennyMc

Posted September 04, 2014 - 01:55 PM

That's pretty cool that they give you suggested map settings for changes you make to the ECU and exhaust.

"Selected items such as camshafts, exhaust and ECU settings are specially designed for enduro type riding. Click here for YZ Power Tuner suggested settings."

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 04, 2014 - 02:58 PM

Yup.

What it's like to live in a country with no EPA.

• KennyMc

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well, even on the US site you can still get there.  Under the "accessories" tab for the WR450 you can select the GYTR Tuner.  Once there you can get the same tuner specifications or recommended changes.  It's more of a "CA" issue :foul:

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 07, 2014 - 05:30 PM

I just joined the WR team with a '14 WR450F (coming off an XR650R previously) just this weekend.  I bought my bike off of the US southwest regional manager out of Dallas.  he said there were no changes coming to the 2015 WR450F in the US...also proabbaly not in 2016 either.  He did say that one mod would be to put the reverse engine aka YZ style in the WR  in order to shed some weight.  I like this idea more than the 6-speed possibility.

• KennyMc

Posted September 09, 2014 - 06:32 PM

Has anyone heard any changes about the 250WR?  Reverse engine in it :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrFeelGood

Posted September 10, 2014 - 12:54 PM

I heard whispers that the new US WR will be a 2-stroke.  Likely a 300-350cc to compete with the KTM 2 stroke enduro bike family.  I didn't believe him at first, but he seemed pretty confident of his source.

This was from someone who was in a position to possibly be "in the know" at Yamaha America.

I'd LOVE to see it happen!!

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 10, 2014 - 02:39 PM

From the Yahaha Canada website...

Lightweight direct ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap to reduce weight and complexity

Looks like they went coil on plug.  That's the only change I could find from reading the features.  Could be others though.

I don't know though, it says the '14 has that too.  Not sure what's up with that.

I looked at the 2015 YZ450F and 2015 YZ250F parts catalogs and both of them have the same ignition coil as the WR.  

I wanted to replace the WR coil because its too close to the radiator and causes damage if the radiator flexes back into it.

• Texas2Smoker

Posted September 10, 2014 - 02:39 PM

I heard whispers that the new US WR will be a 2-stroke. Likely a 300-350cc to compete with the KTM 2 stroke enduro bike family. I didn't believe him at first, but he seemed pretty confident of his source.

This was from someone who was in a position to possibly be "in the know" at Yamaha America.

If this happens, I don't care how I have to get it.. I will buy one.

• RMK800

Posted September 10, 2014 - 05:38 PM

I heard whispers that the new US WR will be a 2-stroke. Likely a 300-350cc to compete with the KTM 2 stroke enduro bike family. I didn't believe him at first, but he seemed pretty confident of his source.

This would be huge news. Yamaha 2 stroke Enduro that competes with the KTM 300 XC. That would be awesome, but I think we would hear more news on it, unless there trying to be like Apple and keeping things on the down low.

• KennyMc

Posted September 10, 2014 - 06:44 PM

I was talking to TM Designs and they mentioned that the WR250R is gonna have the reverse engine and YZ250 frame and the 450 will remain the same.

• GP1K

Posted September 11, 2014 - 12:11 PM

I was talking to TM Designs and they mentioned that the WR250R is gonna have the reverse engine and YZ250 frame and the 450 will remain the same.

That will be one kick ass bike if they do! If I didn't already have my KTM 250, I'd definitely be looking at that new WR250 if it happens!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.