What kind of Header is this?

7 replies to this topic
  • underground-mpyre

Posted August 27, 2014 - 07:15 AM

So when I bought my 426f from the PO, I received an entire box of spare parts and in there was this header. I have no idea who makes this or if it is even made/compatible for the 426. It is larger than OEM and made of Titanium, anybody know anything about this Header?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140827_063342.jpg

Edited by underground-mpyre, August 27, 2014 - 07:48 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 27, 2014 - 03:31 PM

Probably a YZ OEM header

• woods-rider

Posted August 27, 2014 - 03:59 PM

Probably a YZ OEM header

I don't think so. Doesn't the YZ OEM have a heat shield? And I don't think the YZ OEM is titanium either.

Edited by woods-rider, August 27, 2014 - 04:00 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 27, 2014 - 04:34 PM

Most YZ headers are Titanium, and some year WR's too.

Yz400f.jpg

But yours has an aluminum flange, with is not stock

Probably old FMF.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, August 27, 2014 - 04:35 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DRZ04

Posted August 27, 2014 - 08:16 PM

It looks somewhat like the tapered White Bros.header I have.

• underground-mpyre

Posted August 28, 2014 - 04:34 AM

I would like to use it, just is this something recommended for the 426f? I have looked at a few aftermarket headers and the FMF has a exhaust chamber versus this straight through header. Any thoughts?

• revelc

Posted August 30, 2014 - 04:17 AM

I would like to use it, just is this something recommended for the 426f? I have looked at a few aftermarket headers and the FMF has a exhaust chamber versus this straight through header. Any thoughts?

Ride it with both the stock and that one. Then decide for yourself.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

• underground-mpyre

Posted August 30, 2014 - 07:10 AM

I am hoping it will fit into a FMF Q4 muffler. If it does, I am going to have it ceramic coated inside and out to keep the heat down and away from the rubber radiator coolant hoses. The front bend is a good 3/4's of an inch closer than stock to the motor and hoses.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.