04 WR450 Mods

2 replies to this topic
  • mjr450

Posted January 28, 2004 - 11:36 AM

Is cutting the grey wire really as simple as it sounds? Does it have to be wired to somewhere else or do you just cut it tape it and leave it alone? My bike ran like crap the first two days I rode it so I had my dealer check it out and they rejetted it, cut the throttle stop, told my to pull the butt plug out. It seems to run very strong after that. Will cutting the grey wire effect the jetting or tuning? How much more can I gain by opening up the knockouts on the right side of the airbox? Do I need to replace the stock butt plug with something else?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wfo_in_it

Posted January 28, 2004 - 03:02 PM

you do not have to cut the grey wire it can be pulled out off the plug cluster very easy and yes it does make a differance the wire is for emissions control the yz`s do not have the grey wire. :)

• mjr450

Posted January 29, 2004 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the reply, do you happen to know if it effects the jetting or tuning? Does it only change the exhaust output curve?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.