2014 yzf450 popping on decel getting worse

8 replies to this topic
  • yamaha 81

Posted August 24, 2014 - 01:52 PM

hi guys couple questions for ya. my bike has 27 hours on it now and a couple hours ago it starting popping and backfiring every single time i let off the throttle. im running pump gas 93 and i have a dr.d exhaust on it. it did not do this the first 25 hrs. i have tried every single map combination known to man and its still doing it. i even got maps off of dr.d custumer service. very nice people. there are no fault codes on my tuner. i have checked every clamp from the airbox to the throttle body and they are tight. i checked my exhaust bolts and gasket and all are tight. please is there anything else i can check. has anyone heard of this problem before on any bike. thanks alot

• mikey38

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:21 PM

I had the same problem.Had it remapped two times it did the same thing.I ended up buying a vortex ecu and it solved this problem no more backfiring.It was so bad with stock ecu my bike was running real hot.

• YzCas

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:28 PM

hi guys couple questions for ya. my bike has 27 hours on it now and a couple hours ago it starting popping and backfiring every single time i let off the throttle. im running pump gas 93 and i have a dr.d exhaust on it. it did not do this the first 25 hrs. i have tried every single map combination known to man and its still doing it. i even got maps off of dr.d custumer service. very nice people. there are no fault codes on my tuner. i have checked every clamp from the airbox to the throttle body and they are tight. i checked my exhaust bolts and gasket and all are tight. please is there anything else i can check. has anyone heard of this problem before on any bike. thanks alot

Hey man how are you I run 100 octane av gas just because it runs cleaner and lasts longer my bike popped on decel breaking it in and has know stopped that I believe it was the valves breaking in or to much fuel being un burnt then hit with a spark have you tried giving it more timing down low mine stopped. I know on my sons carbureted bike I changed the pipe and went up 5 full sizes on the main to stop it.

• yamaha 81

Posted August 24, 2014 - 03:56 PM

I had the same problem.Had it remapped two times it did the same thing.I ended up buying a vortex ecu and it solved this problem no more backfiring.It was so bad with stock ecu my bike was running real hot.

whats up mikey. wow thats nuts about your bike getting hot. my initial symptom was happening late in a moto like after 20 minutes or so, my bike would start to run like real lean and pop and stuttter so i thought my fuel was getting hot in the tank so i bought a cv4 fuel cooler jacket for the bottom of the tank.well after riding all these weeks and throwing 20 different maps at the ecu it pops and backfires now as soon as i start it up and blip the throttle. and yes it seems like as the bike gets hotter this conditiln seems to get worse. tommorro after i wash the bike i am going to check the valves for spec. this will be my first time on this bike at 27 hrs. and make sure my timing marks still line up. how many hrs did your ecu have on it before you repaced it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikey38

Posted August 24, 2014 - 04:03 PM

My bike did it new.I put a yosh slip on and it got worse.I tried all different kinds of gas and mapping.My bike got worse when it got hot.After long motos my oil would smell burnt but did not loose any oil.Since I put in vortex no more problems.I have about 20 hours on bike.

• yzUSMCf

Posted August 25, 2014 - 09:07 PM

What's the big deal with it popping? Is it just annoying or is it a negative symptom? Made has done it science new 5 hr on it now all stock

• yzUSMCf

Posted August 25, 2014 - 09:20 PM

Here's a Vid of me riding my 100% stock 14' you can hear popping on decel how does it compare to your bike??
Start at 3:50 when I start wearing the gopro.

Lake Elsinore mx new vet track edit 14' yz450f:

• forgotmyusername

Posted August 25, 2014 - 11:08 PM

What's the big deal with it popping? Is it just annoying or is it a negative symptom? Made has done it science new 5 hr on it now all stock

My bike did it more with the stock pipe, less with the FMF. Still learning all the little nuances of the Yamaha with 10 hours on it

• YzCas

Posted August 27, 2014 - 06:16 AM

There's nothing wrong with you're bike that's normal try riding a gear lower once in a while don't lug it so much.
But that's my opinion my bike pops a little to its a 14 450 also I say go ride have some fun⚡️

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.