Clutch lever and perch

11 replies to this topic
  • avlisj

Posted August 24, 2014 - 09:54 AM

Anybody got any experience with a lever and perch combo that gives a softer smoother feel than stock. Have a 14 wr. Really don't want to tear into the clutch pack or get hydro clutch but want to get that feel. Stupid ktms

• Navaho6

Posted August 24, 2014 - 11:16 AM

Yes.  I used an ASV C6 Pro on my '13 WR450F and it was a  big improvement  over stock!!  Highly recommend it for the WR or any other bike with a cable clutch.  There is a sealed bearing at the pivot point that makes the pull easier and smoother.  Lever position is adjustable, too.   I also recommend lubing your clutch cable thoroughly with Motion Pro cable lube.

http://www.motosport...RO-CLUTCH-LEVER

Edited by Navaho6, August 24, 2014 - 11:19 AM.

• mc1hd

Posted August 24, 2014 - 11:58 AM

The motosport link posted above says it does not fit the Wr450.  Whats up with that?

• Navaho6

Posted August 24, 2014 - 12:25 PM

I used one on mine.  I think I got it from Rockymountainatv.

http://www.rockymoun...c6 clutch perch

Edited by Navaho6, August 24, 2014 - 05:21 PM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted August 24, 2014 - 01:30 PM

If anyone's wondering, the Yamaha part numbers for the 2007-2011 WR clutch perches are the same as the 2012+.  Shouldn't be that surprising, but RMATV only lists it for '12 and up.  I'm gonna order one of these.

• Eyesell

Posted August 24, 2014 - 04:26 PM

I was just getting ready to post something here about clutch and brake levers. I have a 03 WR450 and ordered the Sunline levers, I thought expensive at $80.00 each...here's my problem, the brake lever mounted up perfect but the bolt hole on the clutch didn't, so I slightly filed down part of my stock perch back to try and get it to work.

Now with this mod I can get the bolt in the hole but I've lost some of the angle and the handle won't pull back far enough to disengage the clutch. Before I send these friggin things back does anybody have a suggestion on how to get this to work...kinda sucks as I really like these levers.

I double checked the package and I've orderd the correct ones..

Edited by Eyesell, August 24, 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaconne

Posted August 24, 2014 - 05:11 PM

I used one on mine.  I think I got it from Rockymountainatv.

http://www.rockymoun...c6 clutch perch

Do you have barkbusters on your bike? I have an ASV on my yz which I am really happy with but no busters. I have Acerbis busters on my 14WR and there is not much clearance, had to move things around to make the stock lever fit with the busters and it doesn't seem like the ASVs would work. Would prefer the ASVs over stock for sure. The stock perch is one of the few weaknesses in the finishing touches on the 14 IMHO.

• Navaho6

Posted August 24, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Yes, I have barkbusters.  You have to cut the tip off the end of the lever.  Hate to do that on such a nice lever but there is no other way.  

• KennyMc

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:54 PM

I was just getting ready to post something here about clutch and brake levers. I have a 03 WR450 and ordered the Sunline levers, I thought expensive at $80.00 each...here's my problem, the brake lever mounted up perfect but the bolt hole on the clutch didn't, so I slightly filed down part of my stock perch back to try and get it to work.

Now with this mod I can get the bolt in the hole but I've lost some of the angle and the handle won't pull back far enough to disengage the clutch. Before I send these friggin things back does anybody have a suggestion on how to get this to work...kinda sucks as I really like these levers.

I double checked the package and I've orderd the correct ones..

So they are still selling the same clutch lever that doesn't fit :banghead:   I had the same issue and sent them a picture of it on my bike showing how it doesn't fit into the angle correctly.  They are a local CA company.  I also sent them back the clutch lever and they verified that it was "the right part number".  We then discussed the fact that it may be the right part number but it obviously doesn't fit.

They saw that I bought both the brake and clutch lever from Motosport.  There resolution was to send me the whole perch and lever that they sell ($175) as a replacement and at no charge.

Call them, send them an e-mail with pictures and hopefully you can get the same result :thumbsup: Love the complete setup.

• Eyesell

Posted August 25, 2014 - 11:01 AM

So they are still selling the same clutch lever that doesn't fit :banghead:   I had the same issue and sent them a picture of it on my bike showing how it doesn't fit into the angle correctly.  They are a local CA company.  I also sent them back the clutch lever and they verified that it was "the right part number".  We then discussed the fact that it may be the right part number but it obviously doesn't fit.

They saw that I bought both the brake and clutch lever from Motosport.  There resolution was to send me the whole perch and lever that they sell ($175) as a replacement and at no charge.

Call them, send them an e-mail with pictures and hopefully you can get the same result :thumbsup: Love the complete setup.

Awesome...just called them, sending pictures, hope they help me out.  He said they have perches, had me read the number off the back of the product to ensure it was what was suppose to be in the package.  Waiting for a call now...I'll let you all know what happens, thanks for the tip !!

• GP1K

Posted August 25, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Well you didn't want to hear hydro clutch, but that's what I did to mine (Magura) and while expensive, it was totally worth it. It's still not quite as light of pull as my KTM, but it's WAY better than stock, and the feel is nice and consistent no matter how hot the bike is or how much I've been abusing the clutch in rough terrain.

• Chaconne

Posted August 31, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Yes, I have barkbusters.  You have to cut the tip off the end of the lever.  Hate to do that on such a nice lever but there is no other way.  

Ok thanks. Ya I figured something like that was necessary.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.