2009 YZ450 cylinder head

3 replies to this topic
  • Yzflier977

Posted August 23, 2014 - 06:07 PM

So I bought my 450 used a couple of years ago and I've had an hour meter on since day 1 of ownership. I'm approaching 100 hours that I've put on it. Problem is I have no idea how many hours the previous owner put on it so I have no accurate, actual hour count. What I'm wondering is when it comes time for the valves to be redone where would I send the head? As of now the valves are in spec and they haven't been shimmed. So I still have some time, but I just wanna have a plan in place when that time comes. Thanks.

• stevethe

Posted August 24, 2014 - 06:42 AM

One such place is http://www.mt-llc.com/headService.php

But your nowhere near there and may not even get there. The Yamaha valve train lasts, just be sure to grease the filter edge oil the filter and keep changing the oil. And :ride: her

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • levi534

Posted August 24, 2014 - 03:03 PM

pushing 200 hours on my yz250f and everything is still in spec smaller engine displacement but same desighn just keep your air filter clean and well oiled and grease the edge of the filter to keep dirt from getting thru and they will last a long time

• Yzflier977

Posted August 26, 2014 - 12:40 PM

Thanks Steve, exactly what I was looking for.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.