WR450 torque limiter

6 replies to this topic
  • jk87

Posted August 23, 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hi all. Could someone please help. While doing an oil change on my 2009 wr450 I accidently removed my torque limiter thinking it was the oil filter. I managed to seat it and replace it all back. But in doing so had to rotate the gears a couple of times to make them gel and seat properly. Have I possibly thrown things out of whack or done damage? Cheers

• Johnny_On_The_Spot

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:23 PM

What exactly are you talking about?  

• jk87

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:48 PM

Just going of what it is called in the yamaha service manual. They call it the torque limiter. It's on the ignition cover side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeepPurplishBlue

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:24 AM

Unless the gears have meshed you can't get the cover back on so if the cover is on and seated there is no problem.

Does the starter still work?

Just moving the gears will cause you no issues.

• jk87

Posted August 25, 2014 - 03:03 PM

Yeah mate cheers for your reply. Started the bike last night, with no issues.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 25, 2014 - 03:59 PM

Yeah mate cheers for your reply. Started the bike last night, with no issues.

Did you close your eyes, and grit your teeth, when you pressed the button...? LOL

• jk87

Posted August 26, 2014 - 04:50 AM

Yeah I said a few hail Mary's before hitting the starter haha

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.