YZ450 rear brake clearance?

2 replies to this topic
  • Howat

Posted August 22, 2014 - 09:28 AM

So, broke my 09 yz450f oem rear brake lever. I run a GYTR clutch cover witch is the same as a Henson cover. Every aftermarket rear brake lever I try will not clear the clutch cover. The levers look the same as the oem one but it's like I need a longer step bolt to gain the right clearance. I've tried to shim the bolt but no go.
Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hoosier-Daddy

Posted August 22, 2014 - 02:34 PM

I put my stock one in a vice and heated it up and bent it back after a log got ahold of it.

• Howat

Posted August 22, 2014 - 05:27 PM

I did that and am using it at the moment but I just don't understand why the stock lever will work but hammer head, torq1, claim they fit but not so much.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.