2014 mapping data base why don't you guys post your maps so guys like me can get a baseline map?

Fuel & Air EFI Programmers

136 replies to this topic
  • GHILL28

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:35 PM

So you're running the '15 ECU and the stock pipe?

How much was the ECU?  $300 or so?

It's funny how little there is to improve upon the stock stuff these days.  I'm continually impressed with how flat-out ready to rock this bike is in stock form as far as motor and suspension goes.  Nothing more than very minor tweaks needed, if anything.

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:41 PM

I rode a friend's 15 450 right after mine. And the mapping didnt seem too different than how mine is mapped .. softer on bottom but builds. Main thing I noticed was how light the throttle grip pull was compared to my 14 450 also the seat was more firm than mine too lol. I'll ride it some more hopefully and feel it out more.

Edited by yzUSMCf, March 17, 2015 - 07:43 PM.

• rk8950

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:55 PM

So you're running the '15 ECU and the stock pipe?

How much was the ECU?  $300 or so?

It's funny how little there is to improve upon the stock stuff these days.  I'm continually impressed with how flat-out ready to rock this bike is in stock form as far as motor and suspension goes.  Nothing more than very minor tweaks needed, if anything.

It was $240 shipped from service Honda.  I agree on this bike on being awesome stock. I have had about 12 new bikes over the years and this is the only one that has ever had stock exhaust on it. I wanna ride it my local outdoor track, they open next weekend. I will be able to tell how much it improved there.

• GHILL28

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:56 PM

I'm curious about that throttle return spring too.  I'd like to make that change if I can figure out where to get the part/how to change it.  Doesn't show up in any of the schematics.

• rk8950

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:07 PM

I rode a friend's 15 450 right after mine. And the mapping didnt seem too different than how mine is mapped .. softer on bottom but builds. Main thing I noticed was how light the throttle grip pull was compared to my 14 450 also the seat was more firm than mine too lol. I'll ride it some more hopefully and feel it out more.

It is very simalr in the mid and top power. The 15 that we rode (indoors) could pull second gear out of tight turns with a 48 rear sprocket that our 14's with 49 rear were bogging. All three of us swapped bikes and we all agreed the 15 had a lot more grunt power. Im not sure how noticable it will be on a big outdoor track. I will know next weekend. 

Attached Thumbnails

• earlywine.JPG

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 30, 2015 - 05:26 PM

So anyone else try this map with the dr.d?

Fuel..........Ignition
-2+1-1......000
-2-3-4......+4+4+4
+1-7-5......+4+4+4

• GHILL28

Posted March 30, 2015 - 09:02 PM

I tried it with the Dr. D and stock header.  Definitely had an aggressive feel to the midrange and top.

I didn't feel anything wildly different with that -7 thrown in there.  Thought I would.

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 31, 2015 - 05:08 AM

I'm going to give it a shot I miss the agressive stock power lol the one I have now is too tamed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GHILL28

Posted March 31, 2015 - 07:45 AM

Yep, the stock pipe is a goodie.  The Dubach pipe is great on the track where you're really on it and it smooths out the low end power.

For offroad I actually like the aggressive low end power for abruptly lifting the front end and using the power of the bike to move it around at lower RPM's.  Plus I like riding a gear higher than normal anyway because I hate engine braking.

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 31, 2015 - 07:47 AM

Sorry I ment the power of the stock map with the drd system I like how it softness the bottom a tad but gave more over rev which I wanted. But now I want it faster than stock lol

• GHILL28

Posted March 31, 2015 - 08:56 AM

Hi-comp piston and Hot Cams would be the easiest I guess?

If I ever did a complete motor rebuild I'd probably want to put in a stroker 510 kit if one ever came out.

• kx06

Posted April 25, 2015 - 11:04 AM

Looking for a new map for my 14 yz450. I've looked thru this thread and can't decide. Looking to smooth the bike right out. It hits way to hard for me and is tiring me out. I don't like a hard hit at all. I'm coming from a 250f so just not use to how much power this bike has. Thanks

• yzUSMCf

Posted July 27, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Dr.d map

Attached Thumbnails

• 1438056275892.jpg

• YzCas

Posted April 21, 2016 - 05:25 AM

Top map is the one you need!

• DanielMerrick

Posted April 21, 2016 - 04:00 PM

If I ever did a complete motor rebuild I'd probably want to put in a stroker 510 kit if one ever came out.

I inquired about a bigbore stroker kit and this is all I have found.
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461283150.639558.jpg

I have stage 1 hot cams in my bike and love the low end power I have gained, definitely notice the top end loss but it doesn't effect my riding.

• stevethe

Posted April 22, 2016 - 05:42 AM

So anyone else try this map with the dr.d?

Fuel..........Ignition
-2+1-1......000
-2-3-4......+4+4+4
+1-7-5......+4+4+4

That all +4's on ignition except for high rpm looks like a nice map. I wonder how they came up with fuel values. It takes a real good dyno and operator to do low and mid range hp with air fuel ratios. Maybe just a sniffer at part throttle runs? or pure guess work?

• stevethe

Posted April 22, 2016 - 05:46 AM

They do make a cylinder works 468cc big bore kit pretty inexpensive, new cylinder and all for about $439.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.