2014 mapping data base why don't you guys post your maps so guys like me can get a baseline map?

Fuel & Air EFI Programmers

136 replies to this topic
  • Monk

Posted February 05, 2015 - 04:55 PM

So what map could be put on a 2014 to give it the same stock setting as a 2015?  Has that already been covered?

YZ450fmap_zpsef6af689.jpg

• GHILL28

Posted February 05, 2015 - 04:57 PM

Yeah that's the MXA map I was running at first.  That's basically the "all zeros" setting on the '15?

• Monk

Posted February 05, 2015 - 04:59 PM

Yeah that's the MXA map I was running at first.  That's basically the "all zeros" setting on the '15?

From everything I've read, yes!

• GHILL28

Posted February 05, 2015 - 05:02 PM

Check, thanks.

• Monk

Posted February 05, 2015 - 05:04 PM

Check, thanks.

Q: SECOND, HOW DO THE MAPPING CHANGES CONTRIBUTE TO THE YZ450F’S IMPROVEMENT?

A: Last year the MXA test riders only ran the stock mapping for one hour before breaking out the GYTR Power Tuner to pump up the fuel percentages and advance the ignition timing (to help burn the extra fuel). Our mapping eliminated the barky hit off the bottom, pumped up the middle and eliminated the lean stutter.

Thus, it is no surprise that the 2015 Yamaha YZ450F comes with a version of our 2014 map in stock trim. The big plus is that 2014 YZ450F owners can achieve the same powerband results by remapping their bikes.

The 2014 YZ450F’s barky and lean mid-to-top didn’t help the bike get smoothly through corners, because it had a powerband that lurched instead of flowed. The new map allows the front end to stay on the ground on exit instead of lifting off and ruining the turn

• rk8950

Posted February 05, 2015 - 07:23 PM

YZ450fmap_zpsef6af689.jpg

Riding my bike with a map similar to this does not run like the 15 but they are not to far apart. Mine has less bottom end pull but more mid and top end. 

Edited by rk8950, February 05, 2015 - 07:24 PM.

• yzUSMCf

Posted February 05, 2015 - 09:30 PM

They emailed the maps with the pipe I got from them. I assume it's the same for the full system? They're very helpful over the phone if you want to find out for sure from them.

Edit: I ended up with the second one down, for now. The first one had a bit of a "jerk" off idle, but the second one still had enough snap on the real low end for me to loft the front wheel in the air easily. We'll see how it does on a real ride instead of just cruising around the pavement.

Here's the copy/paste version.

Fuel: Ignition:

+2 +2 +2 0 0 0

+1 +1 +1 0 0 0

+1 +1 +1 0 0 0

Notes: Minimal changes from stock. Slightly richer, helps eliminate “miss” off low end and is a smooth-controllable map.

-2 +1 -1 0 0 0

-2 -3 -4 +4 +4 +4

+1 -7 -5 +4 +4 +4

Notes: Quite different from stock. Perfectly mapped towards DRD exhaust and should work well with most aftermarket. This map is aggressive and has more of a “hit”.

+3 +3 +3 +2 +2 +2

+4 +4 +3 +3 +3 +2

+4 +4 +3 +2 +2 +2

Note: This map is what MXA found to work best. It is richer all the way across the board to help with misfiring and pop. Works well with aftermarket exhausts.

So what's the verdict on your favorite? Have you tried the last map aswell?? I noticed the middle one that "works best with drd system" is quite different map than the others looks way lean.theres a -7 there lol compared to the MXA with an average of +4 (fuel). I'm not too good at understanding the maps yet but I thought the bike was lean from the factory and needed to be richened up?? I'm having a shop put a map on this weekend and I'm trying to figure out if the (middle map) is best .

• yzUSMCf

Posted February 07, 2015 - 10:28 AM

I called dubach and this is what they sent me to use with there full system.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1423333616846.jpg

• jcm3

Posted March 17, 2015 - 12:34 PM

Here's some good info from DRD.  I just bought a used '14 with a full DRD exhaust, and found a good article where MXA said that they tweaked the DRD maps for something that they liked better, but didn't give specifics.  I e-mailed them and here's what Erin replied back with as recommendations for their exhaust, and a blurb about my question and their answer about that mapping.

Fuel..........Ignition

-2+1-1......000

-2-3-4......+4+4+4

+1-7-5......+4+4+4

I mentioned that it seems that most think it's pretty lean already, so is it safe to go leaner?  Here's her response, which I thought was a good response.  I like that they tested it on a dyno with an 02 sensor, as I'd imagine most don't. 

"The direction MXA goes is richer, mostly to mellow the bike out at low throttle angle. We actually go slightly richer right at the low throttle, and then the bike gets rich through the middle. The map with the -7 at one particular throttle point was a map we came up with on the Dyno with an 02 sensor in the head pipe, using a complete DRD exhaust. There was a rich spike that kept getting better as we pulled fuel out.

We have raced many events with this setting installed.

Remember that each number is just a number; it is not like we put 7 sizes smaller pilot just in reference to a carburetor. "

Here's what MXA came up with after tweaking the DRD map:

Fuel..........Ignition

+3+3+3......+2+2+2

+4+4+3......+3+3+2

+4+4+3......+2+2+2

I think I'll try both to see how they feel.  DRD said theirs is more aggressive and has more of a hit.

• GHILL28

Posted March 17, 2015 - 12:52 PM

I've tried both of those. The MXA map doesn't work nearly as well with the Dubach pipe as it does with the stock pipe.

No matter what the Dubach pipe sacrifices some pretty serious low end. The silly magazine reviews only test them from 5k to 10k RPM, and the Dubach pipe only makes more power above 7k RPM. Their verbal characterization of the pipe is a load of shit if you ask me. Numbers from a controlled test like that don't lie.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzUSMCf

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:15 PM

Here's some good info from DRD. I just bought a used '14 with a full DRD exhaust, and found a good article where MXA said that they tweaked the DRD maps for something that they liked better, but didn't give specifics. I e-mailed them and here's what Erin replied back with as recommendations for their exhaust, and a blurb about my question and their answer about that mapping.

Fuel..........Ignition
-2+1-1......000
-2-3-4......+4+4+4
+1-7-5......+4+4+4

I mentioned that it seems that most think it's pretty lean already, so is it safe to go leaner? Here's her response, which I thought was a good response. I like that they tested it on a dyno with an 02 sensor, as I'd imagine most don't.

"The direction MXA goes is richer, mostly to mellow the bike out at low throttle angle. We actually go slightly richer right at the low throttle, and then the bike gets rich through the middle. The map with the -7 at one particular throttle point was a map we came up with on the Dyno with an 02 sensor in the head pipe, using a complete DRD exhaust. There was a rich spike that kept getting better as we pulled fuel out.

We have raced many events with this setting installed.

Remember that each number is just a number; it is not like we put 7 sizes smaller pilot just in reference to a carburetor. "

Here's what MXA came up with after tweaking the DRD map:
Fuel..........Ignition
+3+3+3......+2+2+2
+4+4+3......+3+3+2
+4+4+3......+2+2+2

I think I'll try both to see how they feel. DRD said theirs is more aggressive and has more of a hit.

report back with the results! I contacted dr.d and they gave me these maps one is the same they also gave you . I went with the second one i noticed it really softened the bottom and then it gradually builds into the mid and into the top I'd like a little more midrange hit I'm interested in the 1st map they gave you with the -7. Wonder how that one feels (i dont have a tuner yet I take it to a shop to get them uploaded... or I'd just try it)

Attached Thumbnails

• 1426626860747.jpg

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:21 PM

I've tried both of those. The MXA map doesn't work nearly as well with the Dubach pipe as it does with the stock pipe.

No matter what the Dubach pipe sacrifices some pretty serious low end. The silly magazine reviews only test them from 5k to 10k RPM, and the Dubach pipe only makes more power above 7k RPM. Their verbal characterization of the pipe is a load of shit if you ask me. Numbers from a controlled test like that don't lie.

Just saw you tried both what did you think of this map with the full dr.d?

Fuel..........Ignition
-2+1-1......000
-2-3-4......+4+4+4
+1-7-5......+4+4+4

• GHILL28

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:22 PM

I have just the slip on. More barky midrange, no oomph on the low end.

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:28 PM

I have just the slip on. More barky midrange, no oomph on the low end.

does it keep the snappy and strong agressive power that the stock map does from mid on?? I like having it soft in the lower rpm it helps me track the corners better but beyond that I want gobs of power.

Sounds like that's the map I'm looking for

Edited by yzUSMCf, March 17, 2015 - 01:29 PM.

• GHILL28

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:31 PM

Felt like more from mid up, probably revs a bit faster.

I can't stand the weak low end because it means shorter power and more shifting, negating one of the main benefits of a 10k+ rpm 4 stroke. Having to stay in the lower gear means harder engine braking and more fatigue.

• jcm3

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:34 PM

report back with the results! I contacted dr.d and they gave me these maps one is the same they also gave you . I went with the second one i noticed it really softened the bottom and then it gradually builds into the mid and into the top I'd like a little more midrange hit I'm interested in the 1st map they gave you with the -7. Wonder how that one feels (i dont have a tuner yet I take it to a shop to get them uploaded... or I'd just try it)

Will do!  I'm going to try both and the stock map this weekend at Cahuilla Creek and see how they feel.  It might take a bit of time to get used the bike, coming off of my KX500.  When I bought the 500 I was jumping front end high a lot due to the lack of engine braking, I'd assume.  So, I might have to relearn the four stroke a little bit.

That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it!  :ride:

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:36 PM

Felt like more from mid up, probably revs a bit faster.

I can't stand the weak low end because it means shorter power and more shifting, negating one of the main benefits of a 10k+ rpm 4 stroke. Having to stay in the lower gear means harder engine braking and more fatigue.

thanks for the imput. I usually slip the clutch and gas it into the mid if I need more power in the bottom end . But I'm not a fast rider so even with a soft bottom end I feel it's still good power to get me going out of the corners. But with my current map it too soft into the mid feels kinda like a 2 stroke slow build through bottom into the mid then the power on top

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:37 PM

Will do! I'm going to try both and the stock map this weekend at Cahuilla Creek and see how they feel. It might take a bit of time to get used the bike, coming off of my KX500. When I bought the 500 I was jumping front end high a lot due to the lack of engine braking, I'd assume. So, I might have to relearn the four stroke a little bit.

That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it! :ride:

mabe I'll meet up with you for a ride! I usually go to pala now that it has re opened.

• jcm3

Posted March 17, 2015 - 02:42 PM

mabe I'll meet up with you for a ride! I usually go to pala now that it has re opened.

Sounds good.  I'll be out there with my son, so probably taking turns riding.

I'm hoping to spend some time relearning to ride a four stroke and getting to know the new ride.  I think you saw my bike in the other thread, so if you go to Cahuilla on Sat maybe I'll see you there.  :thumbsup:

• rk8950

Posted March 17, 2015 - 06:45 PM

I bought a yosh slip on a while back and only tried it for about 3 laps and took it off cause it seemed to soften it up to much for me. It was horrible with the mxa map, ran better with stock map. I still wanted more bottom end. After riding my friends 15 I orderd a 2015 ecu for mine. I was always playing with my tuner trying different things with it and have not touched it after installing the 15 ecu. I been riding tight indoor tracks and is really  noticable in there. I rode it at millcreek last weekend and was awesome in the deep loam.

Attached Thumbnails

• ecu.JPG

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.