why I ride dual sport

7 replies to this topic
  • 300lbsgorilla

Posted August 21, 2014 - 08:25 PM

Here is a picture of a roadside stop.  This spot is adjacent to a gravel road in Central MO that is 8 miles from the pavement.  The start of the pavement is 10 miles to the nearest highway and I can get here leaving from my house.  It is like this everywhere around me.  If I contiune on this road I get to a place that is covered in logging roads that have not be used in 15-20 years that goes throughout the woods.  Fun stuff.

Lets see the fun rides you can get to starting from your house.  Would love to see what it is like other places.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0528.jpg

• MANIAC998

Posted August 23, 2014 - 01:09 AM

WMT_4260.jpeg

This is when I lived in Montana. You can ride almost any/everywhere!!!

• YamaLink

Posted August 23, 2014 - 06:38 AM

Nice pic. We were on a road bike ride last weekend to a ski resort. Stopping to eat lunch and because pavement ended. A WR motored by to endless fireroads and backcountry trails. I think each of us were secretly jealous. The WR rider power shifted up as if to say "enjoy the ride back, I'm just getting started."

• DPete

Posted August 23, 2014 - 07:05 AM

Rode up to the local reservoir which is low because of the drought we're having. There is an old railroad right of way normally under water, found an old pic from the 30's taken from the same place. Thought it was cool. On my wrr250 though not 450
McLure3-2014014_zps9ba59cdb.jpg
BarrettStation-A_zps38dfcc7a.jpg

Edited by DPete, August 23, 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:47 AM

I'm with ya.... just bought a dual sport kit for my WR, can't wait to get it installed and out dual sporting! I had a DRZ400, great bike, but not so much if you want to get way offroad and on to real trails. No such issue for the WR!

• 300lbsgorilla

Posted August 25, 2014 - 11:50 AM

I had a DRZ400E that I had plated.  Worked really well for the type of stuff I ride most often but it was not well suited for the rougher off road trail stuff I enjoy most.  Now if I could only figure out how to make the stuff I enjoy the most, the riding I actually do the most!  At least when I do I will have the right bike for it.  I do like the WR.  I think it is much more capable than the DRZ.

• 300lbsgorilla

Posted September 25, 2014 - 03:03 PM

IMAG0577.jpg

Here you can see the "road" in the background as it goes through the trees.  This is a county road that is numbered and on the map.  I think I am one of the  few that even knows it is here.  This is a few miles from my house.

Edited by 300lbsgorilla, September 25, 2014 - 07:39 PM.

• DPete

Posted September 25, 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ran across this a couple weeks ago, thought it was cool

Attached Thumbnails

• Sheep Ranch, Ca..jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.