OT: Places to ride near Fresno

8 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted January 27, 2004 - 08:34 PM

Anyone know any places to ride near Fresno? Might have to go there this weekend.

• dmg426

Posted January 27, 2004 - 10:01 PM

There are not a lot of places with open riding areas "real" close to Fresno. We usually go to Clear Creek or Jaw Bone in the winter and you can ride areas of the Sierras in the summer.

Dave

• sjwr450

Posted January 27, 2004 - 10:16 PM

Where is Jaw Bone?

• JRAMBO

Posted January 27, 2004 - 10:39 PM

I don't know how far a way it is from you but.LIvermore,tracy a place named carnigie,or club moto is a mx track, carnigie is a blast great place to test out your skill. :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 28, 2004 - 12:12 AM

Where is Jaw Bone?

Hwy 14 between Mojave and Ridgecrest - just east of Lake Isabella/east of Bakersfield

Brian

• PowerFiend

Posted January 28, 2004 - 09:47 AM

Where is Jaw Bone?

Hwy 14 between Mojave and Ridgecrest - just east of Lake Isabella/east of Bakersfield

Brian

About 3 hours from Fresno. :)

• rekless

Posted January 28, 2004 - 10:25 AM

sjwr450,
I live in Fresno and it depends on how far you want to travel. Clear Creek, which is not far from Coalinga but still approximately 2 hrs. away is by far the coolest place within two hrs. Its like 60,000 acres or some ungodly amount. Miami Creek is about an hour but I'm sure theres probably snow there of muddy cause it's raining outside as I write this. Hart Park is about 2 hrs. south (near Bakersfield) I think it's a pretty fun place. Drop me a PM and I'll give you my number if you want. Also sjw on T-Talk is from Fresno and a personal friend of mine he will probably read this and hopefully chime in he's been riding around here for a long time he may have more ideas. rekless :) :D

• sjw

Posted January 28, 2004 - 01:40 PM

Clear Creek is your best bet , we went there last weekend it was great , this weekend will be perfect! too much snow in the hills.

• ETP

Posted January 28, 2004 - 05:17 PM

There's a great riding area on the west side of the Sierra's by Bass Lake which is near Fresno. I don't know if it is snowed in now or not. Maybe the guy from Fresno knows. The offroad area is north of Oakhurst. Think its called Miami Motorcycle Trails. Awesome single track.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.