Let's talk about Pro's & Con's of Hotcams.

Brand Hot Cams

24 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted August 22, 2014 - 06:22 AM

No the length of the pin in the first picture is correct. That's whats in the bike now and works perfect. :thumbsup:

You should just be able to look at it without even measuring. Shim it and go. If you really want some more performance put a little more compression on the piston cams love it.

Edited by stevethe, August 22, 2014 - 06:32 AM.

• flyandride

Posted August 22, 2014 - 04:14 PM

I've got Hotcams stage 1 cams in my 09 WR4450F and have had no trouble.  I replaced the stock cams because the auto decompression was not working right.  I could not find stage 2, but for the riding I do stage 1 is probably the way to go.  I've also used Hotcams stage 1 in a WR250F with no problems.  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • underground-mpyre

Posted August 23, 2014 - 02:41 AM

That is great to hear assures my desire to fix the needless starting sequence. It will be done soon. But as it sits, without the auto-decomp it is a chore to ride and keeping it running.

• KennyMc

Posted August 24, 2014 - 08:26 AM

The issue I had was they installed the wrong decomp pin in the cam. A "philosophical" discussion about this not being a "race part" issue and more of a "lazy assed" employee, netted me a front and rear wheel bearing set and a front fork rebuild kit from there sister company Pivot Works. Have used the bearing set but not the front fork kit as I have sold the stock WR forks. Anyone want to use the kit? Open cartridge forks.

• underground-mpyre

Posted August 25, 2014 - 05:42 AM

I will take them. My forks just started leaking.

Related Content

Hot Cams Stage 1 Inlet & Stage 2 Exhaust by falk_ben

Engine Power Up Kits Hot Cams Stage 1 Inlet & Stage 2 Exhaust, Brand Hot Cams
  • 2 reviews
  • Last review by YZ450Hombre
  • On January 20, 2016

Hot Cams cam chain by Stichris

Engine Crankcase Components Hot Cams cam chain, Brand Hot Cams
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Stichris
  • On July 30, 2016

xr650l wont stay running. by limberpath

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  31 replies

Where is Eddie? by tarka

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  37 replies

insurance money surplus...scotts steering damper or hot cams? by EvanNaculum

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 11 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.