I almost ate it bad!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • gearom

Posted January 27, 2004 - 07:16 PM

Since I think my WR450F is a "motorcross" bike I tweaked out the suspension for a track near my house. You all know the WR will eat the CRF and YZF for lunch on the track :*).
Anyway, I hit the woods last week. I just blasted down the trail, and damn if I didn't almost fall making a hard right turn. Then I over corrected and almost fell again. When I first got the bike it was setup soft, you know for the WOODS! not a motorcross track. My setup is way too hard. I guess its either one type of riding or the other. I think I will stick to the motorcross track. It pretty bad having an XR100 blow by you at 30mph while I'm blowing miles of rooster tail without getting any traction.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted January 28, 2004 - 07:51 AM

Instead of giving up on the woods riding, why not just find some neutral suspension settings where it's rideable for both?
Why own a WR if you're only going to ride MX? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.