Best Mirrors / Ignition key location

4 replies to this topic
  • Eyesell

Posted August 19, 2014 - 04:07 PM

Just curious if anyone can post some pictures of where they have mounted their ignition key.  I just bought the Baha designs kit and I'm kinda wondering where the best spot to mount the key, behind the headlight, etc.

Also, I have not ordered any mirrors, there are many out there but maybe someone has some suggestions of which are better vs others.

Thanks,

Eyesell

• MANIAC998

Posted August 19, 2014 - 05:37 PM

Double take mirrors are top of the line, as are Highway Dirtbikes mirror assemblies.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 19, 2014 - 06:09 PM

key_zps494ecefc.jpg

Here you go.

• Jeromba

Posted August 19, 2014 - 08:02 PM

I have an 08 wr450. I am running the double take mirrors and a sicass universal key switch.

The double take mirrors are great and highly adjustable. They do tend to slip a little on rough trails, but you can generally re-adjust on the fly.

The sicass switch has been great as well. I removed the stock push button main switch and put the key switch in its place. I had to do a little fabricating, but nothing major. My heated grip switch is located just below as seen in the picture.

IMG_6338.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6438.JPG

• Eyesell

Posted August 20, 2014 - 05:55 PM

photo (1).JPG photo.JPG Excellent, just ordered the Double Takes...very nice.

I like the idea of the key switch in place of the stock main push button, I was trying to figure what to put there....

Thanks for the pic's as well, they always help you get a better perspective.

Here's a picture of my bike with some of my Moto stuff, and the start of the dis-assembly....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.