'12 Skid Plate. TMD or Works Connection

1 reply to this topic
  • woods-rider

Posted August 19, 2014 - 10:05 AM

I shattered my stock plastic skid plate over the weekend and need to replace it before I ride again. I can't decide between the aluminum Works Connection or the plastic TM Designworks. What are your guys' recommendations?

Here are my assumptions about each, but feel free to set me straight if you have first hand knowledge.

Works Connection:

• Better coverage
  • Stronger
  • If it bends from a hit, it won't return to original shape on its own
  • Comes with closed cell foam to keep mud from packing in between the plate and engine

works-skid-plate-wr10-625-1.jpg?w=534&h=

TM Designworks:

• Slipperier and will slide over rocks etc. easier
  • Quieter than an AL plate
  • Will return to original shape after an impact that deforms it
  • Kind of ugly IMO

YAMC-450-LG.jpg

Edited by woods-rider, August 19, 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revelc

Posted August 19, 2014 - 01:25 PM

I am interested in this as well.
I can't believe Flatland hasn't built one yet. They said, "I haven't gotten around to designing it yet... People call all the time for them though."

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces
2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Q4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.