2006 yamaha yz450f. coolant in oil

5 replies to this topic
  • billcowher

Posted August 17, 2014 - 08:13 PM

Very concerned just purchased bike and found milky colored oil. Was just recently rebuilt and bored before I bought it with new radiator and lines. Just learning in and outs of this machine so any help much appreciated. ......

• NEKOOHC

Posted August 17, 2014 - 10:59 PM

A leak down test will find the issue .

• NEKOOHC

Posted August 17, 2014 - 11:04 PM

http://www.thumperta...t#entry10019954

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 18, 2014 - 07:38 AM

A leak down test will only lead you to the cause if it's related to a combustion chamber leak, like a head gasket.  It will not reveal a leak at the water pump feed passage that runs past the base gasket and crankcase cover.  On the other hand, the head gasket is a more likely suspect.  But a head gasket can also leak from the coolant passage to the crankcase or to an oil feed passage without showing much of a combustion leak, too.  Iffy deal, but probably a head gasket.

• billcowher

Posted August 19, 2014 - 03:28 AM

Awesome info thank you.. going to start tearing into this weekend. And I dont think this is a small leak either. Almost seems like a hose is hooked up in the wrong place from the amount of antifreeze like they are connected.

• billcowher

Posted August 19, 2014 - 03:29 AM

If I open the plug by shifter for the oil the radiator basically drained down through the bottom end

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.