Fork seals

5 replies to this topic
  • avlisj

Posted August 15, 2014 - 06:48 PM

Anybody have recommendations to a good brand of fork seals. Oem. Whatever? One that won't leak after two rides.

• stevethe

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:29 AM

Anybody have recommendations to a good brand of fork seals. Oem. Whatever? One that won't leak after two rides.

Stock work fine but you better make sure you sand out and nicks in the tubes or the same reason that caused it to leak will happen again. Also seal savers has stopped mine from leaking for years. Protect the tubes from scratches.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:51 AM

SKF FORK SEALS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted August 16, 2014 - 06:41 AM

Its most likely not your seals, but grit/dirt trapped under them makling them leak

I had the same problem when I first got my WR, changed seals 3 times in a matter of weeks

Then I found this

Haven't put any new seals in for about 3yrs now

when they leak, I just clean them out

• avlisj

Posted August 16, 2014 - 07:49 AM

Its most likely not your seals, but grit/dirt trapped under them makling them leak
I had the same problem when I first got my WR, changed seals 3 times in a matter of weeks

Then I found this

Haven't put any new seals in for about 3yrs now
when they leak, I just clean them out

Thanks
I've used that and the red one that you snap onto fork tube but never seems to work for long
After watching the video though, I've never recet the seal. So hopefully that will be the trick. Bike only has 10 hrs on it. Can't imagine the seal is already shot. Don't like running wet suit arms on my forks either

• GuyGraham

Posted August 16, 2014 - 08:24 AM

you haven't got a ty-rap around the fork have you - this pushes dirt up into the seal and causes leaks

Keep trying with the seal-mate - its never failed to work for me

push the hooked end up as far as it will go

rotate lower fork (brake cable with need removing) whilst holding seal-mate against stanchion, around 3or 4 times and then pull it out. repeat  a few times and then try it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.