throttle top screw lost

10 replies to this topic
  • NHdirtmonkey

Posted August 15, 2014 - 05:21 PM

i have no idea when my throttle stop screw went missing, it was the short one that came with the gytr computer. can anyone tell me what damage could have been done and what i need to buy to replace it, or how i can plug the hole now

• Speedy1210

Posted August 15, 2014 - 05:34 PM

Did you not notice your bike revving to the moon

• NHdirtmonkey

Posted August 15, 2014 - 05:38 PM

i dont ever have it wot for long enough to let it rev that high, i also was under the impression that the new shorter screw doesnt actually stop the throttle it just plugs the hole. not to mention i bought it about a month ago and it could have been missing all along because i bought it with the computer already installed and i had no idea to look to see if the screw was there or not. thought a dealer would be a bit more trustworthy than that

Edited by NHdirtmonkey, August 15, 2014 - 05:39 PM.

• avlisj

Posted August 15, 2014 - 05:59 PM

Running with no screw only let dust and dirt where your throttle cables run around the pulley. Should probably take the black plastic cover off and clean dust out. Relive cables. Then buy another screw to stop up hole. Not sure of size

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 15, 2014 - 06:10 PM

If you do a search, you can find the length in which to cut the stock screw to match the yz screw

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NHdirtmonkey

Posted August 15, 2014 - 07:37 PM

I don't have the stock screw :(

• vlxjim

Posted August 15, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Its just there to plug the hole. There is a hard stop casted into the body. You can plug it with a screw or just a little silicone.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 15, 2014 - 09:36 PM

Its just there to plug the hole. There is a hard stop casted into the body. You can plug it with a screw or just a little silicone.

I though it was there to prevent the throttle wheel from turning too far.

If it does turn to far, the slide can hang wide open and get stuck.

• avlisj

Posted August 16, 2014 - 08:01 AM

It's just like a throttle stop on a 50. Only down on the throttle body. Not throttle grip. Like said previous the throttle body is cast with a notch that catches a tab on the pulley,not allowing over rotation. Just plug the hole with something. Go to osh and but a 6m. 8m. 10m 1/4 long. One of those should fit. Bet you got the right bolt in box of left overs already. Just cut it short. Take off your silencer then the plastic black comer on throttle body ( one screw right in the middle) it will all make since

• NHdirtmonkey

Posted August 16, 2014 - 08:54 AM

ok thank you! i will dig into it today

• ballisticexchris

Posted August 16, 2014 - 09:13 AM

I don't have the stock screw :(

Just zip tie the damn thing and ride! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.