Fuel leaking from carb

8 replies to this topic
  • benjar

Posted August 12, 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have a 2000 WR400 that is leaking fuel from the brass inlet piece on the left side of the carb. I tried to replace the O-rings inside but can't find any that fit.

The local Yamaha dealership's schematic doesn't show the o-rings so I don't what to order. Does anyone know where I can find o-rings to replace the worn ones on the brass inlet piece?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407892256.992361.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407892277.493766.jpg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 12, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Take the inlet and the oring to a 'real' hardware store that carries all the oring sizes.

Don't use plumbing orings, as some are real rubber, which you do not want.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 12, 2014 - 06:12 PM

While riding my '06 down in Baja, mine started leaking, so I wrapped Teflon thread tape around it, and it sealed right up.

• benjar

Posted August 13, 2014 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to try the local hardware store or automotive store. If that doesn't work I may need to get creative.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DunmireD001

Posted August 13, 2014 - 03:37 PM

Step 1) Spit, bubble gum, bailing twine, duct tape.

Step 2) revert back to step 1.

• adam500

Posted August 13, 2014 - 03:40 PM

Like they said, try to find a fatter ring that will not melt when gas hits it.

I would also put a dab of Yamabond on it when you install it. Can't hurt.

That stuff is great. I havn't used regular RTV for anything in years.

• Fyrflie

Posted August 20, 2014 - 12:11 PM

My 2002 WR426 did the same thing and I was referred to this company by a local KTM dealer.

Sudco International

They have any and all parts for your carb.

The O-Rings are an oddball size and cannot be found in hardware stores.

Sealant of any kind won't work as a permanent fix because the fitting is designed to rotate.

Hope this helps.

• Spokes

Posted October 11, 2014 - 03:12 PM

Any updates on this?  My 2007 just started this.  Any part numbers?  Thanks!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 11, 2014 - 03:14 PM

Your yamaha dealer can order them if they don't have them

Any motorcycle dealer that sells dirtbikes can order them as all dirtbikes till 2011 used the FCR carb.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.