lost spark wile riding hard.

2 replies to this topic
  • dickieday

Posted August 11, 2014 - 09:04 PM

its a 05 yz450f with a wr headlight kit. i was riding at the sand dunes and riding hard. the bike died like it ran out of gas but i actually lost spark. i tried new plugs. still no spark. i was thinking maybe the stator burned up but i not sure and dont want to waist money on parts i dont need. please help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gueermo

Posted August 31, 2014 - 02:31 PM

I was curious if you solved your problem.  Posted today with similar problem.  I rebuilt my forks last week and rode with no problem.  Tried starting yesterday and found no spark.  Verified that plug was good and performed checks according to manual.  Think there is a problem with the magneto but not sure.  Unfortunately have had no replies.

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:41 AM

its a 05 yz450f with a wr headlight kit. i was riding at the sand dunes and riding hard. the bike died like it ran out of gas but i actually lost spark. i tried new plugs. still no spark. i was thinking maybe the stator burned up but i not sure and dont want to waist money on parts i dont need. please help

If you have an aftermarket rewound stator driving the lights, it probably failed.  Test the stator for continuity.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.