43 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 13, 2015 - 11:07 AM

Supposedly Saturday

Changes:

- Stock wheels with Tubliss

- Stock NOS OEM triple clamps

- Modified Shim stack and oil height in the SSS forks

- New bars, clutch lever, clutch cable, clutch pack (OEM)

- BRP submount, frame post for Damper (GPR riser and damper for sale....)

- '07 YZ exhaust cam (modded pin), WR intake cam (hot cams YZ spec cam set for sale...)

- fixed and polished Transmission

- Newtome 3.2 IMS tank (old one cracked to pieces)

- 12 degree advance across the board in the # 2  Dynatek map

Plus the already:

- SSS front and rear

- OS radiators

- Xtra tall seat

- Xtra tall bar risers

- IMS F3 low pegs

- Stage 3 port and polished head

- 2007 YZ carb (I thought my WR carb might have had a problem, otherwise I wouldn not have changed the carb)

- Dubach Racing full Stainless exhaust

- '12 head light shroud with HID, '12 front fender

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 20, 2015 - 10:44 AM

Clutch basket was heavily drilled, new T3 clutch cable, new ARC-X levers......now the clutch feels like a 125 !!

IMG_51491_zpsmcqgwtts.jpg

IMG_51511_zpsbyekhinf.jpg

IMG_51521_zpsf2vtxkyq.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 04, 2015 - 04:21 PM

99% finished!

The worlds most expensive WR450F!  What the F!?

11174425_10207009907512997_8793800994756

Edited by KRANNIE, May 04, 2015 - 04:21 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 05, 2015 - 02:40 PM

Results:

2007 YZ ex cam, 2008 OEM WR in cam, Ported head, YZ carb specs (+ NCVS needle / 3rd):

- Flatter powerband, no flat spots, roll on power is much more consistent, lugs great, revs not quite as great, but I dont' care. Now the powe delivery is more consistent across the rpm range.

- Thottle repsponse is back to normal WITHOUT THE STUPID CRAPPY POORLY TIMED  HOT CAMS. They are full of crap and can't disparage them enough......

- Grinding the ex decomp pin was a PITA. The 1.0mm grind was not enough. Took several attempts. Paul finally got it to 65 psi, and it starts immediately everytime.

- "Swiss-Cheese" mod to the clutch helped a GREAT deal. Better feel, more consistent engagment, lighter feel, and less throw. Motion pro cable is proabaly 20% of that.

- Stock wheels and triples: much better look, much more precise feel to the ride and steering.

-  Trans polishing made the clunky shifting feel dissapear. Feels like a Honda now.

-  Suspension is too non-compliant. I think I am oversprung for sure in the front (.56). 

Well, it's still has the 'old school' chunky vibratey feel to the motor, and the whole bike feels more 'crude' after a few months on the KTM, but man are the ergos and handling GOOD on this bike.

Very easy to ride slow or fast.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.