Showa vs Kayaba

1 reply to this topic
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted January 27, 2004 - 10:15 AM

Ok, there's a lot of talk about red vs blue and it all comes down to preference. Both Honda and Yamaha make great bikes and I would be happy with either of their 250Fs or 450Fs. So, without focusing on the rest of the bike's advantages and benefits, lets talk suspension.

Which suspension do you prefer, Showa or Kayaba?
Why?
What's the difference?
Is one typically smoother than the other?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR250fla

Posted January 27, 2004 - 11:48 AM

My CRF forks seemed a little harsh over things like roots and small stuff. I backed the comp. dampening off a click or so and they seem alot better. Through the whoops and over jumps the showa forks feel alittle better than my Yamahas.( I can't believe I said that!). Both work well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.