Converting my 03 into a Supermoto, need just a little help please

5 replies to this topic
  • Eyesell

Posted August 11, 2014 - 09:59 AM

Gents,

I'm converting my 03 WR450 into a Supermoto, I just bought these wheels from a guy who was using them on his 06 WR 250 and I need help with a few other things I'm going to get.

I bought the Baha Designs kit through TT, thank you got a great deal...however, will I have to make changes to my stator, read something that changes are needed even if I have a light now...??

First he said he was using his stock brake caliper with the rotor in the picture, is it better to get a new rotor ( larger ) and the brake caliper relocation kit. If so can you make a recommendation ?

Second, he was using this aluminum 42 tooth sprocket, is it better to use a steel one vs. aluminum, I heard they wear out faster. I know nothing about the right combination of sprocket sizing, can you make a recommendation for front are rear.

My chain on my bike is one that is really for motocross, should I consider replacing that as well or is there no difference from riding on trails vs the street

Is there a difference in a Supermoto Fender vs my stock fender, just hate to waste $38.00 if they are literally the same..image.jpg

Last thing for now, I want to buy a Trail Tech computer, any one model better vs another.

• Eyesell

Posted August 12, 2014 - 06:20 PM

Over 100 views and no suggestions....I'm new to this site, did I post this in the wrong spot ?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 12, 2014 - 06:39 PM

You want us to do everything for you; it's kind of off-putting.

Some of your questions are so basic, the answers would be over your head, without pages of back and forth explanations.

Do some searches.

Go to the Motostrana site

Supermoto.com

etc

Perhaps you could get more specific on what it is you want, beside 'make suggestions'.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 12, 2014 - 06:52 PM

Maybe the wrong spot yes a little. Most of the guys are doing dirt bike stuff.

I found one post for you on gearing http://www.supermoto...03-WR450F-SuMo 

I don't know too much about the 03' WR450's so I can only give some advice. (I have an 08' WR450 Supermoto)

Steel sprockets last much longer, If you get a chain you might consider a narrow X-ring chain for rear tire clearance.

Check E bay for a 320MM disc and re locator bracket like a EBC or so.

The Supermoto front fenders are much shorter due to the smaller front tire and look better.

You can call Baja Designs they will tell you what you have to do with there kit. It should also be in the instructions. I used a Baja Designs kit on my bike and floated the ground.

You will probably get much more advice from the Supermoto junkie website. One of the best ways to find info is to put the exact words in Goggle and do a search. You will be amazed at what can be found on your 03' WR450 Supermoto.

• Eyesell

Posted August 18, 2014 - 05:30 PM

I hear you guys, I belong to a site for people that snow plow and I can't stand when even the most basic questions are asked, and I guess I fit right into that category and didn't even think of taking my own advise.  I hate to repeat what has been discuss a 100's times over.

I've found answers to all the questions I asked the last few days, thanks again for the suggestions that were given.

Take Care

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 18, 2014 - 06:09 PM

I hear you guys, I belong to a site for people that snow plow and I can't stand when even the most basic questions are asked, and I guess I fit right into that category and didn't even think of taking my own advise.  I hate to repeat what has been discuss a 100's times over.

I've found answers to all the questions I asked the last few days, thanks again for the suggestions that were given.

Take Care

Come on, you must have at least a few questions, now that your brain is chock-full of WR knowledge ??

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, August 18, 2014 - 06:09 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.