New here

11 replies to this topic
  • DPete

Posted August 11, 2014 - 07:36 AM

Just bought a clean 08' wr450, not much has been done to it, checking in for recommendation's.

Attached Thumbnails

• 08'450.jpg

• beairmo

Posted August 11, 2014 - 10:18 AM

Uncork.

Rejet.

That's really all you need to do for starters.

• stevethe

Posted August 11, 2014 - 03:05 PM

I would also fix the very crappy base valves in the front forks.

• DPete

Posted August 11, 2014 - 04:34 PM

I would also fix the very crappy base valves in the front forks.

Like race tech gold valves?

• stevethe

Posted August 11, 2014 - 04:38 PM

Like race tech gold valves?

Nothing wrong with them I use them in my dirt WR450. They work well. You dial them in for your weight and type of riding. Then I think there is a soft option I picked for my type of riding.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 12, 2014 - 03:50 PM

1. Fill Fuel tank full of Premium Fuel

2. Ride

3. Repeat

:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted August 12, 2014 - 06:56 PM

1. Fill Fuel tank full of Premium Fuel

2. Ride

3. Repeat

:ride:

At least twice a week for best results.

• DPete

Posted August 17, 2014 - 05:56 PM

Changed oil, new air filter, adjusted chain, changed coolant, went for a spin, WOW bike is bad azz. Kinda hard to find neutral, gonna check valves tomorrow. Far as I can tell it still has the original tires & plastic

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 17, 2014 - 06:38 PM

The clutches drag, that's why neutral is hard to find.

• stevethe

Posted August 17, 2014 - 07:06 PM

The clutches drag, that's why neutral is hard to find.

I'm very impressed by the Hinson clutch pack that I bought. Very easy to find neutral about like a Honda.

• RMK800

Posted August 17, 2014 - 07:14 PM

I'm very impressed by the Hinson clutch pack that I bought. Very easy to find neutral about like a Honda.

Which Honda? Because my sons 250x is a joke to find neutral. Even Jim from the forum says that fairly standard. My Yamaha is a lot easier.

• stevethe

Posted August 18, 2014 - 05:13 AM

Which Honda? Because my sons 250x is a joke to find neutral. Even Jim from the forum says that fairly standard. My Yamaha is a lot easier.

Hum very interesting didn't know the 250X had a clutch drag. Well the new Hinson clutch feels as though the metal or fiber are thin or made well. When your in gear with the clutch in it's very easy to shift into neutral. It's about like my 1997 XR250.

I wonder if a Hinson clutch pack might help in the CRF.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.