Grey Wire?

4 replies to this topic
  • CAMMY

Posted January 27, 2004 - 05:10 AM

Having dusted of an old copy of Dirt Bike, I thought it was time to un-cork my WR426 02. However the Uk version has no grey wire. Does anybody know what colour it is in the UK, or please let me know what wire it is and I will work it out from there.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 27, 2004 - 05:27 AM

gray/grey wire ONLY on US bikes!!

You Euro Guys are favored by Yamaha (except in the exhaust area)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_Sweden

Posted January 27, 2004 - 10:36 AM

Just curious...in what negative way is the european model different in the exhaust area?
We do not have the spark arrestor, but that I see as a positive thing...

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 27, 2004 - 11:31 AM

as I recall, the Euro exhaust cannot be disassembled(?)

• CAMMY

Posted January 27, 2004 - 12:20 PM

The UK bike comes with a fairly tame std pipe, it can be re-built. I switched to a FMF Q rear, keeping the std header. Great in the summer, now it's colder I'm running rich. Have ordered JD jets to dial it in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.