Anyone around the San Fran area?

5 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted January 26, 2004 - 07:09 PM

Hey guys, Im coming out to San Fran this weekend and was jsut wondering if anyone could maybe show me what the trails look like? Ive heard they are incredible and just wanted to maybe check them out? Thanks, D

• The_Blue_One

Posted January 26, 2004 - 07:19 PM

Are you bringing a bike?If so how much time do you have?If you have a day we could go ride some good ol single track. :)

• ill_caper

Posted January 26, 2004 - 09:16 PM

Unfortunately I cant bring my bike. I just wanted to see what the trails look like compared to here. It been almost 2 months since I have ridden. Unless you know of any place where I could rent a bike? I dont think they do it around here but wasnt sure of out in Cali. This will be my 4th time going out there this year and my 3rd in S.F. Man I love Cali, I wanted to see the trails and see if it helps sway my decision to move out there. :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted January 28, 2004 - 06:25 PM

How much time will you have and when do you get here? I may be able to hook you up with a bike. The decent trails are a distance from SanFran.There are plenty of great areas to ride but are between 1.5-2.5 hours away.

If you have alot of time let me know and i'll try and take you out for some great riding. :)

• ill_caper

Posted January 28, 2004 - 06:28 PM

My flight comes in at 1:30pm on saturday and I leave Late Tuesday night so it doesnt leave me with all that much time. My friend that I am staying with lives in Petaluma. I appreciate you even trying even if it doesnt work out. And if not if anyone wants to go out and get some drinks in the city or something that'd be cool. Thanks again. :) . Let me know. :D -D

• ThreePete

Posted January 28, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Bad timing. Had you been able to come one week later, you could have seen a great trail on the floor of Pac-Bell Park ridden by Chad Reed and the rest of the AMA Supercross stars. Seriously, it may a bit far(1 1/2 hours), but there is a shop in San Jose that rents XR 650s, 400s and CRF230s. See eaglerider.com. I think about 75 bucks a day. From there; Metcalf Park, 20 minutes; Hollister Hills, 40 minutes; Clear Creek(the ultimate), 2 1/2 hours.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.