2015 YZ450F I AM EXCITED

Noise???  You make me laugh!  You ride dirt bikes right??  Lots of noise!

Number plate from the front

15728186966_66738058e4_o_zpsa213d137.jpg

This is what it looks like with DrD lowers (not worth the money, had 2 sets and made one. don't do a thing)  and the Cycra plastic

Yes, I ride dirt bikes. I have an inner ear deformity known as superior canal dehiscence syndrome. It's actually a miracle I can ride at all. The first gen slanted engine design produced too much noise coming out of the air box and caused oscillopsia. It really sucks but I have learned to live with it.

Not loud enough; friends say they can still hear me trackside shout right before a crash or after making a mistake. :ride:

Yamaha purposely reduced the noise coming from the airbox in 2014 because of the complaints by both pros and us mortals. I was curious if it still sounded like a vacuum cleaner in your ear. I've ridden the fourteen but was wondering if any one who owned both the first models and recent might be able to comment on how much better it is. And also how does it compare to the other brands?

It would be a moot point if it isn't something of concern for you, but I am not the only one to dislike it. One thing I like about Yamaha is when the masses speak they listen. That to me is why they have made so much improvement to their products over the last 20 years.

Edited by bnyfe

I've been on Suzuki for the last 4 years and really miss my Yamaha. I would like to hear more reviews. Do you guys find it to be thick in the middle and at the foot pegs. I really miss the set it and forget it suspension. I've had 2 revalves on my 2013 RMZ450 and finally bought a complete Factory Connection B-kit. All I have done for 40 hours is play with clickers etc. trying to get the bike to be acceptable. Please don't ask me what it does or doesn't do. It's simple: it doesn't feel an ounce like my Yamaha. I used to st that thing up according to MXA's settings and then just ride it anywhere. Boy do I miss that thing. The white one is amazing.

Might try a CRF since I work at a Honda dealership. I really want to be loyal to my employer but I just love the Yamaha.

I had a '13 RMZ450 for about a year and all i did was fight the suspension. I also had 2 revalves from Factory Suspension. Its a super stiff fork and chasis that is unstable to ride. I have heard from reputable sources that the suspension on that year is flawed. Save your time, cut your losses and buy another bike (Even if its a '12 RMZ which is supposed to better than the '13)

I purchased a '14 Yamaha 450 and it has been really good. The suspension could still use some aftermarket improvements/adjustments to help the front forks. Maybe one of these guys could fill you in on the '15 suspension. I hear it has better front end traction and feel?

• Like 1

I had a '13 RMZ450 for about a year and all i did was fight the suspension. I also had 2 revalves from Factory Suspension. Its a super stiff fork and chasis that is unstable to ride. I have heard from reputable sources that the suspension on that year is flawed. Save your time, cut your losses and buy another bike (Even if its a '12 RMZ which is supposed to better than the '13)

I purchased a '14 Yamaha 450 and it has been really good. The suspension could still use some aftermarket improvements/adjustments to help the front forks. Maybe one of these guys could fill you in on the '15 suspension. I hear it has better front end traction and feel?

Thanks for your honest feedback. It is good to hear it from some one besides the guys who bleed yellow in the RMZ forum.

Not loud enough; friends say they can still hear me trackside shout right before a crash or after making a mistake. :ride:

Yamaha purposely reduced the noise coming from the airbox in 2014 because of the complaints by both pros and us mortals. I was curious if it still sounded like a vacuum cleaner in your ear. I've ridden the fourteen but was wondering if any one who owned both the first models and recent might be able to comment on how much better it is. And also how does it compare to the other brands?

It would be a moot point if it isn't something of concern for you, but I am not the only one to dislike it. One thing I like about Yamaha is when the masses speak they listen. That to me is why they have made so much improvement to their products over the last 20 years.

Sorry to offend you, but I was just joking about the noise.

Anyhow, the 14 is less noisey than the 13, but with the Cycra plastic, it sounds just like the old bike of 2010-2013.  It sounds like it's spooling up , or as you say, a vacuum cleaner. I think the noise is a benefit on the start, but hell, I also have liked the Yamaha's since 2010, so I guess that means nothing since those bikes were universally hated. Damn good bikes, and I wish everyone didn't like them so much today. I always felt like I had a big advantage and used it to win about 90% of the time in the vet scene...   

Edited by Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens
  • Like 1