2002 yz426f cutting out

4 replies to this topic
  • ditchbanger78

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hey guys I have a 2002yz426f I'm having problems with, I love the bike tons of power and I got it for cheap. But just recently its starting to cut out at low RPMs like around tight corners at the track or really just low RPMs in general, it only happens after its warm. And it seems like an electrical problem because it just stops running not like bogging out and dieing. It just quites and when it does its extremely hard to start like its flooded, Which also leads me to think its spark. I bought a new plug but haven't put it in yet, figured I'd start with something easy. Any ideas? Much appreciated. Thanks

• AKmotoXrider907

Posted July 31, 2014 - 12:36 AM

Sounds like your fuel mixture might be too rich. I'm not an expert on it though. But grey will probably comment here. Greys pretty good with this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ditchbanger78

Posted August 06, 2014 - 02:26 AM

i don't think it is the fuel mixture because I hooked my bike up to an EGR machine and found out it was running off the charts rich and did some tuning from there and the cutting out problem never changed. im really leaning toward it probably being electrical, has anyone ever had a prob with the ignition coil say after the bike warms up and the coil is warm it starts cutting out?

• grayracer513

Posted August 06, 2014 - 06:51 AM

... has anyone ever had a prob with the ignition coil say after the bike warms up and the coil is warm it starts cutting out?

Yes.  Try testing the coil resistance while it's acting up.  Stator coils also.

• ditchbanger78

Posted August 06, 2014 - 09:30 AM

OK. Thanks I'll give it a try

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.