2014 450 and vp t-4 race fuel

16 replies to this topic
  • yamaha 81

Posted July 29, 2014 - 03:31 PM

hello. i have a 2014 yzf 450 with a dr. d ehaust. my engine is stock.i been looking for a better fuel to run than the pump gas around here and i found 2 cans of vp t-4.so i put it in today to try it. now i seem to have a nasty pop when i blip the throttle in nuetral. like maybe in the 1/8 to 1/4 area.seems to be on the decel.i been running the stock map. so tonight i tryied a bunch of maps including the mxa map and it still pops. can anyone help me get rid of this pop. im not sure if i should lean or richen. the t-4 is 93 octane unleaded with a little oxygen for kick lol  was just wondering if anyone has tryed race fuel yet thank you

• freestyle316

Posted July 30, 2014 - 08:52 AM

I have the same problem. I'm running vp t4 and mine pops every time I get off the throttle. I've added fuel to my maps and it still pops.

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 10:55 AM

hello. i have a 2014 yzf 450 with a dr. d ehaust. my engine is stock.i been looking for a better fuel to run than the pump gas around here and i found 2 cans of vp t-4.so i put it in today to try it. now i seem to have a nasty pop when i blip the throttle in nuetral. like maybe in the 1/8 to 1/4 area.seems to be on the decel.i been running the stock map. so tonight i tryied a bunch of maps including the mxa map and it still pops. can anyone help me get rid of this pop. im not sure if i should lean or richen. the t-4 is 93 octane unleaded with a little oxygen for kick lol was just wondering if anyone has tryed race fuel yet thank you

I run av gas no pop only on break in and if you're air filter is dirty or to much oil on it weird but it stopped the pop.

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 11:03 AM

I have the same problem. I'm running vp t4 and mine pops every time I get off the throttle. I've added fuel to my maps and it still pops.

run some more timing

• yamaha 81

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:19 PM

run some more timing

sorry but this might be a dumb question. would that be + or - on the timing if i want to add some

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:20 PM

sorry but this might be a dumb question. would that be + or - on the timing if i want to add some

plus

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:21 PM

lets jump to the yz forum.

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'm out of commission with a broken foot I just got my tuner no maps yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha 81

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:25 PM

little background on this bike. it has 23 hours on it. air filter clean every ride.change oil like every 2 hrs. last month at redbud national it seemed like late into a moto it started running real weird. making funny pops on decel like it was to lean. did this late in every moto. so i thought i had bad pump gas. i also bought a cv4 fuel cooler skirt for under the tank and i wanted to try this t-4 stuff from vp.

plus

okk thank you ill try it

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:26 PM

little background on this bike. it has 23 hours on it. air filter clean every ride.change oil like every 2 hrs. last month at redbud national it seemed like late into a moto it started running real weird. making funny pops on decel like it was to lean. did this late in every moto. so i thought i had bad pump gas. i also bought a cv4 fuel cooler skirt for under the tank and i wanted to try this t-4 stuff from vp.

okk thank you ill try it

Okay mods

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:29 PM

okk thank you ill try it

If you just have a slipon and can't get av gas run 91 plus ethanol stabilizer.

• yamaha 81

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:31 PM

I  have a dr d system. but now i put the stock system back on lol

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:38 PM

okk thank you ill try it

Also I was just reading it today.
Just a slipon start back at all 0 s for mapping.
Google mapping motocross action had a good right up on it.
with your Dr.d the bike hit 60 horse on the dyno. But go back to stock map scrap the race fuel you don't need it the bikes are very lean for emissions. I'd for plus 1-3 mid to high rpm plus 2 timing mid to high leave it alone off idle first see what it does the more fuel the more timing I might go plus 1-2 of idle and leave the timing.
Let me know what happens.

• yamaha 81

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:43 PM

ok thank you

• YzCas

Posted July 30, 2014 - 01:25 PM

ok thank you

You know I was thinking if you went plus 1 off idle don't touch timing, plus3 up to full with plus 2 mid to full sounds like a good starting point. Then you can fiddle with it that's what I'm going to try.

• Denaki

Posted July 30, 2014 - 01:57 PM

I run that setup at sea level without any problems. No timing added and run all plus 3 on top, all plus 2 on mid and all plus 2 on bottom. When it's cold in the winter I can run all 2 on top, all 1 on mid and all 1 on bottom. I run u4, c12 and sometimes c10 or the t4. The best fuel I like is 1/2 u4 to 1/2 c10 and still run the same maps with all these fuels.

• yamaha 81

Posted July 31, 2014 - 01:54 PM

well guys i tried everything i know to cure the popping and couldnt get it to go away. so i drained out the vp t-4 and put sunoco 93 pump gas in and magically the pop is gone and all sounds good. so until i run into someone with the same bike that runs a race fuel and can help me im just going to run the pump gas..thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.