Wr450 supermoto wheel/ brake help

3 replies to this topic
  • Mbiker_101

Posted July 28, 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have a plated 08 wr450 that I'm setting up with 17" wheels motomaster 320mm rotor and calipers. When I mount on the bike it seems the calipers are not centered and are rubbing the disc. The wheels and brakes I've had for years from my yz426. How do I get them to fit my wr450???.

Seems like they are about 3mm too far in? I have the stock speedo with the gears out to space the wheels, is this the problem? What is the width of the correct wheel spacer?

• stevethe

Posted July 28, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hum don't know anything about the 426 to 450 wheel difference. But maybe you can switch spacers from one wheel to the other. The other option is to have custom spacers made.

My brake came with very thin shims to center the caliper. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mbiker_101

Posted July 28, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Steve, Wheels are the same on the 426, do you have the moto master calipers? How much did you shim?

• stevethe

Posted July 29, 2014 - 05:03 AM

Thanks Steve, Wheels are the same on the 426, do you have the moto master calipers? How much did you shim?

No I don't have moto master. I've had a few brakes on her one was with a moto master disc and relocater bracket.

I just bought a Beringer brake set up new-used and noticed it came with two small shims that spaced it perfectly on the disc.

I was thinking of yours however 3mm is quite a ways. I think mine might be 1-1.5mm. I will try to look later.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.