New chassis

3 replies to this topic
  • AKmotoXrider907

Posted July 27, 2014 - 10:16 PM

I have a yamaha 2001 yz426f and was wondering if a newer model chassis like an '09 chassis would fit on the bike. I need to get a new one and wanted to upgrade to a newer one but don't wanna have everything apart to find out it doesn't fit. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

• VetRacer75

Posted July 28, 2014 - 01:46 AM

I have a yamaha 2001 yz426f and was wondering if a newer model chassis like an '09 chassis would fit on the bike. I need to get a new one and wanted to upgrade to a newer one but don't wanna have everything apart to find out it doesn't fit. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

There is too many things that are different between the 2 model bikes to mate to make it a viable option imo.

Way better off buying a newer model or stick with the older bike until you can afford to upgrade.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AKmotoXrider907

Posted July 28, 2014 - 01:48 AM

Alright thanks! I'll probably keep this one for a little while.

• grayracer513

Posted July 28, 2014 - 06:54 AM

You can fit an older engine into the '06-'09 chassis, but there are all sorts of problems to overcome (like where to put the oil), and very little advantage in doing so. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.