Crf 250L engine questions

$200.00 to redo mine .... I have to put some stuff together for him and email .... this guy said he does not even want the bike until he is done making them ... I do not want to install my own so he will do it for me.

This is the guy that Tracin told me to go to ... he owns a sign company and does dirt bikes on the side.  I should have went to him first ...  ?  But, these other guys wanted to do it and they did not charge me a dime. They also do not know that I am not happy with them ... I mean ... I just do not have the heart to tell them .... they tried and I am thankful for that. 

and he is interested in making install your own kits for guys that want to mail order them  .... details to follow ...  ?

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

Hey we all make mistakes- :rant: -Here's hopeing you like the new one ? ? 200 seems steep to me but then it is custom one off!! :ride: :ride:

$200.00 is not high for installed graphics ... most high quality kits are 150 to 180 and you install yourself ... there are cheap thin kits out there for 89 and up but you still have to install yourself and pick one of their designs.

• Like 1

Hmm gnath, those pics are tempting. The crfs do look sooo pretty modded!

I havent decided yet, and will have some time to do so, being that it will probably be spring before i need the new bike unfortunately..

Like I've said before, regarding the price point, the new prices arent too relevant for me because i intend to buy used.

There are plenty of nearby used wr for around 3k. If that were also the case for the crf, my debate would be different!!!!

• Like 1

Hmm gnath, those pics are tempting. The crfs do look sooo pretty modded!

I havent decided yet, and will have some time to do so, being that it will probably be spring before i need the new bike unfortunately..

Like I've said before, regarding the price point, the new prices arent too relevant for me because i intend to buy used.

There are plenty of nearby used wr for around 3k. If that were also the case for the crf, my debate would be different!!!!

What ever you choose and decide on .... you are always welcome around here ...  ?

I would have considered used if there were any around here at the time I bought but,  ....  it just did not turn out that way. Not only do I love my totally modded CRF305XL ... I also believe it is the best bike for me and my wants/needs .... but to be completely honest ... I am a little different than most folks and my mission was to build the perfect street legal old mans dirt bike ...  ?

I really do not suggest or advise the majority of folks to do what I did....  ?

• Like 2

What ever you choose and decide on .... you are always welcome around here ...  ?

I would have considered used if there were any around here at the time I bought but,  ....  it just did not turn out that way. Not only do I love my totally modded CRF305XL ... I also believe it is the best bike for me and my wants/needs .... but to be completely honest ... I am a little different than most folks and my mission was to build the perfect street legal old mans dirt bike ...  ?

I really do not suggest or advise the majority of folks to do what I did....  ?

Haha thank you gnath for the encouragement regarding either option; I was starting to think I'd lose my TT friends and get kicked off this thread if i chose incorrectly! XD

Please iverlook my ignorance, i must have missed something. What is the crf 305?!!

Is that a mod kit for your 250?

• Like 2

Haha thank you gnath for the encouragement regarding either option; I was starting to think I'd lose my TT friends and get kicked off this thread if i chose incorrectly! XD

Please iverlook my ignorance, i must have missed something. What is the crf 305?!!

Is that a mod kit for your 250?

Yes the 305 is the B&B cycles big bore kit for the CRF250L ..... so I renamed my bike .... CRF305XL .... ? ... 26-28 HP ....  ?

• Like 1