Poor Idle & eratic revs on idle

1 reply to this topic
  • DAVEY32

Posted January 26, 2004 - 04:32 AM

Hi All
Can anyone shed some light on A current problem with my Road leagal WR 400 99,It,s suffering from poor idleing at road junctions ie cuts out, & it also suffers from revs staying at above idle at junctions also, have checked plug for mixture and also checked the tps for resistance readings all seems okay.
Its fitted with a FMF PWR COREIV silencer and is mainly used for Supermoto track days and Street use.p.s I,m in England (nr london)
Please help I'm lost
Cheers Davey

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TonyDeCoster

Posted January 26, 2004 - 08:11 AM

Assuming it ran well before, you may have tight valves, dirt in your carburator, bad quality fuel, misadjusted lowspeed fuel mixture or an airleak at the intake manifold ( remove clamp spacer for better clamping force.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.