TPS on/off switch while running?

5 replies to this topic
  • 300lbsgorilla

Posted July 24, 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just wondering it it would be possible to make a swtich for the TPS to turn it on and off depending on the conidtion WHILE the bike was running.  I ride a lot of trails that are interconnected by roads and gravel roads and thinking the TPS would be nice to diable while connecting trail and use it while on the trail. 

Any thoughts?

• DonnieD

Posted July 24, 2014 - 06:39 PM

I wished I had that feature.  This has come up before and someone said the bike would have to be power cycled to switch back and forth. If that's true it's absolutely not a big deal. If you do pursue it and make a plug and play version... hollar,..... I want one. I'm not that savvy enough to create such a thing.

Edited by DonnieD, July 24, 2014 - 06:39 PM.

• stevethe

Posted July 24, 2014 - 06:40 PM

Just wondering it it would be possible to make a swtich for the TPS to turn it on and off depending on the conidtion WHILE the bike was running.  I ride a lot of trails that are interconnected by roads and gravel roads and thinking the TPS would be nice to diable while connecting trail and use it while on the trail. 

Any thoughts?

Sounds doable, maybe a double pole single throw switch or something like that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 300lbsgorilla

Posted July 24, 2014 - 07:00 PM

The switch would not be a problem.  I was just wondering what the ECU would do having the signal interupted or reinstated during operation.  would hate to fry the ECU throwing the switch. 

• stevethe

Posted July 25, 2014 - 05:16 AM

The switch would not be a problem.  I was just wondering what the ECU would do having the signal interupted or reinstated during operation.  would hate to fry the ECU throwing the switch. 

I don't think you will fry the black box. But a very good upgrade would be to replace it in any case with a Dynatek ignition. You get rid of the studder and leave the TPS plugged in.

• Mbiker_101

Posted July 25, 2014 - 07:41 PM

Tagged, would love to hear from someone that has a switch for the tps and have tried while running.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.