I bought another one. 2004 WR450

No replies to this topic
  • redhurricane

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:44 AM

Decided to add another bike to the herd, sold the 2004 XR250 we had as a spare bike and bought a 2004 WR450 locally. I feel pretty good about it, bike looks like it had an easy life, and came with a pretty good sized box of spare parts, new parts, etc.

Bike has on it now:
oversize radiators, look near new
boyesen water pump
boyesen quick shot
FMF power bomb header
new plastics
new battery
new fork seals

Came in a box:
spare plastics
lock on grips
cycra hand guards
stock radiators
stock impeller and water pump cover
tons of jets, pivot/wheel bearings, hoses, etc.
brand new wiseco piston kit with rings, wrist pin and gasket set
new Maxxis desert IT rear
factory manual

all the pivots look and feel great, bike runs very well. with all the new parts and spares, I think I got a deal at $2200. Bike really needs nothing at this point, going to make some mild adjustments and set it up for the daughter's boyfriend to ride. He's 6'1" so the bike should work quite well for him. Stock exhaust was gutted and loud as hell. I still had the stock exhaust from my 06 that has been lightly modified (pea shooter removed) and is now on the bike. MUCH quieter now and no noticeable loss of performance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.