UTAH RIDERS..... anyone riding ANYWHERE in utah???

69 replies to this topic
  • N7SLC

Posted February 12, 2004 - 07:56 AM

Mid-40's?? Eric, you wuss! :)

Seriously, that does sound tempting. I hope to be finished with my engine work tonight and that might be a good time to break in the engine... :D

We'll see as it gets a little closer.

Dan

• mrmoto

Posted February 12, 2004 - 09:24 AM

Dan, Just finished a top-end rebuild, installed offset triple clamps, FMF pipe & silencer. I'll be doing a short break-in at 5 mi pass on Saturday 30~ degrees (yes I'm tough).

• pedman

Posted February 12, 2004 - 01:16 PM

Take a paddle tire. My neighbors were out there last weekend and they said there was 2+ feet of snow....

• N7SLC

Posted February 12, 2004 - 02:38 PM

Top end rebuild? Huh?

That orange bike was brand new last year and it needs a rebuild already? :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 12, 2004 - 06:11 PM

Top end rebuild? Huh?

That orange bike was brand new last year and it needs a rebuild already? :)

It was that muddy hill at Hobble Creek that did the pumpkin in... :D

• live_to_ride

Posted February 12, 2004 - 08:13 PM

Alright Chris. If the weather pattern improves and it gets into the mid-40s like expected in Delta, let's ride the dunes and low level trails around Cherry Creek. Say Feb 21st? I'm sure there'll be snow in the shade, but I'll brave it. Around noon so it's warm enough.
-Eric

FOOOOOOOOOOOOK YA!!!!!!!!!! You rock Eric! That will give me time to get it running better hopefully. Maybe start it in less than 100 kicks even. I'm taking my truck to the dealer to get fixed again on monday. Hopefully it's done by then. I'm going to start working on my bike tomorrow. :) :D

:D

• mrmoto

Posted February 13, 2004 - 05:21 AM

I rode almost every weekend from Februrary through November last year... 10 months x 4 weekends x 50 miles -- guess that would be between 1800 and 2000 miles. Yup, time for a top end rebuild... 2 stroke remember. When doing the rebuild, I only ended up replacing the rings. No big deal, about 90 minutes work and $115.00 for rings and gaskets.

• ddialogue

Posted February 13, 2004 - 05:35 AM

No need to defend yourself, Eric. I was only kidding around with ya!! :) :D

• pedman

Posted February 13, 2004 - 07:00 AM

I personally think that the harassment is acceptable in this case :) :D :D

• tigerowner_ut

Posted February 13, 2004 - 07:03 AM

Take a paddle tire. My neighbors were out there last weekend and they said there was 2+ feet of snow....

Eric & Chris,

With a snow report like this you guys may want to wait till mid march before you attempt a Cherry Creek run. Snow is still deep down south as well. There is still a foot in Price. Moab and White Wash are probably the best bets at least within the next month.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted February 13, 2004 - 07:42 AM

Ya, I could go for that too!

• timvv51

Posted February 13, 2004 - 08:39 AM

I am going to be in Kanab Utah in May. Is there anywhere within a hundred miles or so of Kanab to ride. The closer to Kanab the better. Thanks Tim

• live_to_ride

Posted February 18, 2004 - 09:30 AM

hey tim, I've never ridden anywhere around kanab that I can remember.

ERIC!!! We goin ridin this weekend? The weather has been NICE. I found the problem with my bike- valves. 2 of the intakes have no clearance.

• mrmoto

Posted February 18, 2004 - 09:52 AM

Chris - it's been nice, but I think there's still too much snow. I was out at 5 mi pass last Saturday and there's still so much snow that we were riding in 6-9". Only one dirt road where we actually rode on dirt. I've heard from friends with 4 wheelers that little sahara has a foot of snow still... we'd better wait another couple weeks.

• N7SLC

Posted February 18, 2004 - 10:04 AM

Chris - it's been nice, but I think there's still too much snow. I was out at 5 mi pass last Saturday and there's still so much snow that we were riding in 6-9". Only one dirt road where we actually rode on dirt. I've heard from friends with 4 wheelers that little sahara has a foot of snow still... we'd better wait another couple weeks.

Chris, Eric,

A couple of weeks will be good for me! The 440 is done
and is very impressive! I've ordered parts to repair a
sidecover leak. I still need to install my new headlamp,
my JD jetting kit and my 3.1-gallon IMS tank.

I'm going to put on about 25 miles on the road to break in
the 440... :)

As time gets closer, keep me in mind for a ride!

• mrmoto

Posted February 18, 2004 - 10:10 AM

440 would be nice. Always wanted to do that when I had the DRZ.

Let's tentatively plan on Saturday March 6th around noon. First local ride of the year :).

Weather this time of year is unpredictable. Hopefully it will cooperate.

• N7SLC

Posted February 18, 2004 - 10:12 AM

Sounds OK Eric. Where you thinking of going?

Dan

• mrmoto

Posted February 18, 2004 - 10:17 AM

How 'bout the Little Sahara/Cherry Creek area?

• wakin

Posted February 18, 2004 - 12:41 PM

FYI - We rode Little Sahara on President's Day. Quite a bit of snow on the trails. After fighting to stay on 2 wheels we just played around on Sand Mountain. The White Sands dunes didn't appear to have as much snow, from the road anyway.

• Taewa

Posted February 18, 2004 - 04:53 PM

I am originally from Oregon, so need to find good places to ride near Utah Valley. I bought my WR 400 in October, so still haven't been able to ride more than about 5 times cuz of crazy winter. I am looking for two things: a good place to ride close by. I also want to know if anyone around here knows a trustworthy place to have my bike modified. I want to have the cam and jetting all improved, but don't know whom to take my bike to, and I don't trust myself doing all the modifications. Thanks in advance for help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.