First bike suggestions

Yamaha WR450F Yamaha WR250X

22 replies to this topic
  • offrd beatr

Posted July 18, 2014 - 10:35 AM

Get any bike that looks good to you and will fill your needs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • condor74

Posted July 20, 2014 - 04:32 PM

I dont know why there is so much bickering on here. 

As to the advice on which bike, I would go with the WR450 all the way.  If you are riding it on the street you can can gear it higher and have the power to pull the higher gear.  The 250 will be revving itself out to maintain higher road speeds. 

One thing that I hear a lot of and that I just don't buy anymore is that the 250 is better for for beginners and the 450 is too much bike that will wear you out. I have found the opposite to be true.  While I do not own a WR250 I do own a CRF250X and a WR450.  The 450 is easier in every way.  It has a very smooth power delivery has power to get you out of trouble.  I have to work twice as hard to keep the 250X up to the same speed as the 450.  If I want to lope around slowly the 450 is able to do that too.  Go with the 450 at your weight.  If you go with the 250 you will be happy for a while but then will wish you had the 450.  That is what happened with me anyway.

• RMK800

Posted July 20, 2014 - 06:28 PM

I dont know why there is so much bickering on here.

As to the advice on which bike, I would go with the WR450 all the way. If you are riding it on the street you can can gear it higher and have the power to pull the higher gear. The 250 will be revving itself out to maintain higher road speeds.

One thing that I hear a lot of and that I just don't buy anymore is that the 250 is better for for beginners and the 450 is too much bike that will wear you out. I have found the opposite to be true. While I do not own a WR250 I do own a CRF250X and a WR450. The 450 is easier in every way. It has a very smooth power delivery has power to get you out of trouble. I have to work twice as hard to keep the 250X up to the same speed as the 450. If I want to lope around slowly the 450 is able to do that too. Go with the 450 at your weight. If you go with the 250 you will be happy for a while but then will wish you had the 450. That is what happened with me anyway.

+1

I also have a 250x and a WR450. I would ride the 450 every time over the 250.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.