cleaning parts

3 replies to this topic
  • BrokenThumper

Posted July 13, 2014 - 07:29 AM

hi guys ..i am in the process of putting the new crank in my 2001 yz426f ..What do i use  to clean gears and internal parts during assembly ..anything else to do or look for while im in there? Thanks in advance!

• BBrown626

Posted July 13, 2014 - 02:39 PM

hi guys ..i am in the process of putting the new crank in my 2001 yz426f ..What do i use  to clean gears and internal parts during assembly ..anything else to do or look for while im in there? Thanks in advance!

Kerosene or diesel fuel work great. Diesel fuel is cheaper. For some parts that have any rubber (o-rings, seals, etc) use Simple Green.

Change all your bearings while you are in there. They don't cost too much. Other than that, closely inspect everything.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:24 AM

Mineral spirits is more like real shop solvent.  It's less toxic, dries dryer, and leaves less residue behind it.

• BrokenThumper

Posted July 21, 2014 - 05:44 PM

Thanks! Hope to have this thing together real soon!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.