Tire size change

41 replies to this topic
  • avlisj

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:24 PM

Ok you're on the high side for the stock springs, but if you can set your sag ok you're probably in the ball park. Oh wait, you said *with* gear... in that case you should be fine there.

So what about the motor? Have you uncorked it all the way yet? What kind of FI map are you running? Maybe a little FI tuning can get the bottom end a little smoother and more to your liking? I know the bike is pretty abrupt with the just the comp ECU and base map.

Financially challenged. Two kids in HS. Huge mortgage. Could only scratch for power core and comp ecu. No programmer yet. Screw is shortened and airbox opened.
BUT when I do get the tuner I'll most likely try and squeeze the most mpg's out of it, trying to avoid the oversize tank , love the slim stock tank, lean will probably make it more snappy. But that's ok, reminds me of the RM. Running the all 0's is great.

Part of the purchase of the WR was the RM got shitty mpg and Had to lug a 3.4 tank and still had to do terrible things to poach fuel on the trail. I'm getting 35mpg with all 0's, 28 mpg's on track days.

Seen someone had a map that gets 45mpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:50 PM

Financially challenged. Two kids in HS. Huge mortgage. Could only scratch for power core and comp ecu. No programmer yet. Screw is shortened and airbox opened.
BUT when I do get the tuner I'll most likely try and squeeze the most mpg's out of it, trying to avoid the oversize tank , love the slim stock tank, lean will probably make it more snappy. But that's ok, reminds me of the RM. Running the all 0's is great.

Part of the purchase of the WR was the RM got shitty mpg and Had to lug a 3.4 tank and still had to do terrible things to poach fuel on the trail. I'm getting 35mpg with all 0's, 28 mpg's on track days.

Seen someone had a map that gets 45mpg

Ah gotcha. Know anyone that has one you could borrow maybe? Same one as YZFs too if that helps. But you're right in the fact that the softer maps get worse mileage. There is a happy medium in between though.

Sounds like you know where you're at, you'll just have to ride around it til you can get it tuned to your liking.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.