2009 YZ450F Help

6 replies to this topic
  • Rocket416

Posted July 11, 2014 - 02:34 PM

Just picked up a low hour 2009 YZ450F and I'm in the process of cleaning it up and getting it race ready. Can someone please tell me if this is supposed to be like this? It has threads but no bolt was in it. Tried searching and looking at pics online but can't seem to find the answer. Don't beat me up too bad I'm in the process of getting an owners manuel. image.jpg image.jpg

• 7FIFTY2

Posted July 11, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Nothing goes there. Mine is the same way. But now I'm curious what it is. I'll check my manual.

• 7FIFTY2

Posted July 11, 2014 - 03:21 PM

Nothing in the manual. It's in the pics but no reference to what it is. My guess is probably a tooling point or something to do with the assembly of the motors at the factory.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rocket416

Posted July 11, 2014 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the help!!!

• grayracer513

Posted July 11, 2014 - 04:25 PM

That's where the clutch cable goes on a WR with the electric starter behind the cylinder. Just in front of it are the mounts for the motor. None of it means anything to you.

• 7FIFTY2

Posted July 11, 2014 - 05:01 PM

That's where the clutch cable goes on a WR with the electric starter behind the cylinder. Just in front of it are the mounts for the motor. None of it means anything to you.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

• 06yz

Posted July 17, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Rocket, congrats on the new bike.  I love my '09, great bike!

MAX!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.