2012 WR over heating issues

1 reply to this topic
  • Highmountain1

Posted July 10, 2014 - 07:39 PM

I apologize if this is already been posted but here goes..... Purchased this bike last year and so far it's been great. I've recently started to ride some technical single track with my buddies (mainly first....second gear if I'm lucky) and the bike starts to boil over, especially when I'm feathering the hell out the clutch which I usually am. My friend is telling me I need to purchase a radiator fan and wire directly to the battery(KTM Is the only radiator fan I've been able to find). However, I went to my local shop and the guys are saying that if I change the front sprocket it should resolve the issue...

The bike thrives when I'm riding with my wife on double track and high mountain passes, but I know I'm getting a lot more air intake.

Any advice is appreciated. Bike is still completely stock

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • torkd14

Posted July 11, 2014 - 04:42 AM

http://www.thumperta...R450,-need-help

I don't know if anything in that thread was ever agreed upon as a fix but there are some ideas to try in it. Over heating is just part of tight bush riding with limited airflow. My buddies 2013 ktm 450xcf is probably the easiest bike to over heat and it has a fan on it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.