YFZ clutch in my WR?

Will a 2014 YFZ450R clutch work in my 2012 WR450F?

The new YFZ clutch is a slipper and can be found cheap online. I use my WR for supermoto so a slipper clutch would be a nice upgrade.

Edited by flattopwill

Will a 2014 YFZ450R clutch work in my 2012 WR450F?

The new YFZ clutch is a slipper and can be found cheap online. I use my WR for supermoto so a slipper clutch would be a nice upgrade.

You will probably need to do some research on that one. Many different clutch's fit and usually you need to run the accompanying clutch disc pack.

When you say you found them cheap online what prices have you found. I am using the Hinson (Sutter) slipper clutch and am very satisfied with it. You might also look to ebay and buy a used Hinson.

You will probably need to do some research on that one. Many different clutch's fit and usually you need to run the accompanying clutch disc pack.

When you say you found them cheap online what prices have you found. I am using the Hinson (Sutter) slipper clutch and am very satisfied with it. You might also look to ebay and buy a used Hinson.

I did some research but could not find an answer.

Found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/281337964995 takeout clutch from a new 2014 yfz450r.

I noticed that the part number for a Hinson clutch is the same for a 2013 YFZ/YZF/WRF in the Tucker Rocky book